That's Andy

RLS
RLS

April 6th, 2008, 1:24 pm #1

Hey everyone... When we were in NYC in Feb, my daughter and I saw 3 shows, one of which was Mary Poppins... My daughter absolutely loved Henry Hodges who we saw as Michael. He was really very good and recently we looked to see if he had a website. On his website, we looked through the pictures and saw one of a show logo called "That's Andy"... Has anyone heard of this show? The logo had the words "That's Andy" written just like the Annie logo, except the Annie in the picute was a boy in an Annie dress...... It appears to have been done with Henry as a staged reading someere.

I googled it and found a webite that had a whole little plot summary of the show. It looked very interesting. Just wondering, does anyone know if this has ever been done as a show anywhere? Here's the webite if you want to check it out.... http://www.thats-andy.com

I'd like to be able to hear the music from this show, but I didn't see it on the website, though I admit I haven't looked through the whole thing yet, so it might be there.

RLS
RLS

April 6th, 2008, 1:25 pm #2

It is there, I ust clicked back on to the home page and it said music right there, lol... You can here three songs there. Not all of them, but 3 is good.

old fan
old fan

April 6th, 2008, 6:07 pm #3

Hey everyone... When we were in NYC in Feb, my daughter and I saw 3 shows, one of which was Mary Poppins... My daughter absolutely loved Henry Hodges who we saw as Michael. He was really very good and recently we looked to see if he had a website. On his website, we looked through the pictures and saw one of a show logo called "That's Andy"... Has anyone heard of this show? The logo had the words "That's Andy" written just like the Annie logo, except the Annie in the picute was a boy in an Annie dress...... It appears to have been done with Henry as a staged reading someere.

I googled it and found a webite that had a whole little plot summary of the show. It looked very interesting. Just wondering, does anyone know if this has ever been done as a show anywhere? Here's the webite if you want to check it out.... http://www.thats-andy.com

I'd like to be able to hear the music from this show, but I didn't see it on the website, though I admit I haven't looked through the whole thing yet, so it might be there.
...I remember when Annie auditions were held in my city, a boy showed up and thought it was sexist that a boy orphan couldn't be in the show...it made the papers ! So maybe it's happened a lot and someone decided to make this musical about it. I thought the music was so-so, but that's JMI. LOL !

RLS
RLS

April 6th, 2008, 7:12 pm #4

I reaslly like the idea of the show, but I also didn't find that I liked the music that much. Though it was only breif clips of the songs. I thought that the one song (Tomorrow something-or-other) would be in the same style as Tomorrow... It sounded a bit more country-ish, though if I remember right, it is set in the south.

momofadiva
momofadiva

April 6th, 2008, 9:18 pm #5

My daughter was in that staged reading with Henry. When I first heard the idea, it sounded hoakie, but the show was adorable and the music was fantastic! My assumption is that they just didn't get the financial backing for this. It's unfortunate.

RLS
RLS

April 7th, 2008, 2:28 am #6

We'd love to hear more about the show (my daughter and I) and I bet even more people here too. And my daughter just loves Henry! Do you have any photos you would mind sharing, evn if you want to send them to my regular email address... The idea of this show really intruiges me.

As for the mousic, I know that the clips were only a part of it, I bet if we could hear the whole thing ( and even in context) thatthey would be great. Was this done in NYC?

momofadiva
momofadiva

April 7th, 2008, 2:47 am #7

The show was done as a staged reading in NYC in March 2007- keep in mind that his show has been in development for about 4 years, but I think they really felt they were at the end stages and the press releases were saying that they were hoping for it to go to Broadway during 12/2007. Unfortunately that didn't happen and we haven't received any updates since. The reading had some excellent talent in it, and it was LOL funny. I'm not sure if the script alone was that funny or if they adult talent they had in the show just had impeccable comedic timing, but my husband and I were in hysterics. The part my daughter played was PERFECT for her, so we were really hoping it would go further, but at this point, if there is no movement on the show soon, she will probably outgrow the part. I don't have any clips of music as there are strong Equity rules preventing any type of taping of this. If you care to send me your e-mail address, I'd be happy to show you the few pictures we have; unfortunately none of them are "in action" as there are Equity rules against that, but we have posed pictures of the kids and the creative staff that I'd be happy to share.

RLS
RLS

April 7th, 2008, 3:19 am #8

In my last post, I put my email address... But I can email it to you as well if you prefer that. Thanks so much for sharing those! We'd LOVE to see them. That is so neat that your daughter got to be part of that. Too bad that it didn't go anywhere. Even if they just put the rights out there for other theaters to do it. I know of one in my area that woud jump all over it as they love that kind of stuff! Too bad. That would be a great one to see. Can't wait to see and hear more about it!

momofadiva
momofadiva

April 7th, 2008, 3:28 am #9

I'm sorry, but I don't see the e-mail address in the post, and I don't know how to privately send it to you. If you tell me how, I'd be happy to do it.

Thanks!

RLS
RLS

April 7th, 2008, 3:40 am #10

If you click on my name RLS (it should be red-at least it is on my computer), it will tell you my email address. Thanks again!