Thank you Julie!

Thank you Julie!

Beki
Beki

March 21st, 2008, 1:15 pm #1

This is Becky (Beki) Snyder. ("Annie", 1st and 3rd National - "July", Broadway)
I just wanted to add a quick post (my first!) to congratulate Julie on a wonderful event yesterday in NYC with the launching of the "Life After Tomorrow" DVD.

It had been well over 25 years since I had connected in any way to my Annie family and I can't tell you what a treat it was for all of us to get together. (Personally, I was thrilled to spend some time with some old friends and to meet others for the first time.) ...and none of us have aged a day! Amazing!

The event was professional, engaging, informative and fun. The Barnes and Noble staff did a wonderful job, Bob Marks was a trouper on the piano, and John Bolton was an excellent moderator. (I even learned a few new things about the show from Charles and others.) There is no doubt that the audience had a blast as well!

Julie, you are a gracious hostess and you deserve all the success that has and will come your way.

I also now have my own signed copy of the DVD and I can't wait to see it!

So... "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 21st, 2008, 5:13 pm #2

Beki:

It was amazing to see you and so many other wonderful "Annie" orphans at the event. I'm so grateful that you all came to support me and the film. I have tons of photos and video to share, which I will post in a few days - once I get back to Los Angeles and recover from my extremely hectic week in New York. I had a blast singing and dancing with my "Annie" girls and being able to honor Charles Strouse was truly special for all of us. There were lots of tears in the house.

Thanks for posting, Beki.

Julie

Karen Schleifer
Karen Schleifer

March 21st, 2008, 5:48 pm #3

As a person that participated in the DVD... and a loving cast member of the show from 78-80... I have to say, you never realize quite how special and extraordinary the experience we had being in that show at that time for Broadway until you get together with occassions like this... until you hear other people's perspective that watched us perform and grow... and until you talk to a fellow orphan about shared times and experiences...

Priceless... the whole experience yesterday...

Julie... I have to say, if I were you, I'd definitely feel like I did something to leave my mark on the world after this project you've so lovingly put together over the last few years. You have given us such a gift.... a million times, thank you.

Chrissy
Chrissy

March 21st, 2008, 5:59 pm #4

Yesterday's event was absolutely amazing.
It was such an honor to meet all of the wonderful women who were involved in Annie. It was so nice to meet you, Julie, after all these years on the forum! I'm so glad I was able to be a part of something so historical. Karen's right, you definitely have given us all a gift. I took lots of pictures and a few videos (which I still have to upload to YouTube), but here are my pictures for now:

And an extra thanks to Karen, for making sure I didn't get lost on my way back to the train! =]

Kelly
Kelly

March 21st, 2008, 7:12 pm #5

Can you post the link to the youtube videos?
Thanks.

Chrissy
Chrissy

March 21st, 2008, 8:58 pm #6

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Chrissy
Chrissy

March 21st, 2008, 9:29 pm #7

Can you post the link to the youtube videos?
Thanks.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

March 21st, 2008, 9:50 pm #8

That's the message I get... I really enjoyed watching the Smile video though. Thanks!

Chrissy
Chrissy

March 21st, 2008, 9:53 pm #9

It's probably still processing, but I promise it will be available soon.
YouTube is funny sometimes, some videos take longer to process that others.

Noel
Noel

March 21st, 2008, 9:54 pm #10

Wow!!! My goodness can you all ever sing and dance! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, because of how amazing and truly wonderful it is to see all of you Orphans that I admired so much years ago demostrating again what awesome performers you are and what wonderful women you all turned out to be. You are truly an inspiration and I think you and your documentary (already has and) will continue to inspire and delight so many for years to come.

Thank you to all of you who participated and shared your past and continue to share you present lives with all us fans.