Teenage Allison Smith clip

September 16th, 2008, 9:18 pm #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfRWOpm_Rm8

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

old fan
old fan

September 16th, 2008, 9:21 pm #2

...looks like this was during Kate & Allie days (same set !) I remember some of the episodes dealt with teenage peer pressures. It was a good series, IMO. Thanks Cecile

Noel
Noel

September 16th, 2008, 10:56 pm #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfRWOpm_Rm8

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I loved the episode where they had her sing "Tomorrow" and Ari Meyers had to play the piano for her and Jane Curtin kept making her sing it over and over...the whole thing cracked me up!

old fan
old fan

September 16th, 2008, 11:48 pm #4

...Jane Curtin was a riot and I love Susan ST James. Great supporting cast: Allison grew up on the show. My daughter and I watch it in re-runs now & then.

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

September 17th, 2008, 1:11 am #5

I loved the episode where they had her sing "Tomorrow" and Ari Meyers had to play the piano for her and Jane Curtin kept making her sing it over and over...the whole thing cracked me up!
It used to irritate Allison when the producers and writers of the show would always make her sing "Tomorrow," as if they think it's the only song she knows!

Later on, she sang the Patty Smyth/Scandal 1982 hit "Good-bye To You" on the show and did a great job.

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

September 17th, 2008, 1:22 am #6

...looks like this was during Kate & Allie days (same set !) I remember some of the episodes dealt with teenage peer pressures. It was a good series, IMO. Thanks Cecile
I remember one great Kate And Allie episode in which Jennie (Allison) brought home a new friend named Carter (played by Martha Byrne who was with Allison in Annie on Broadway), and Carter was teaching Jennie how to smoke, and Allie walked into the room with a look of stark horror. Later on, Carter shoplifted a scarf at the mall and made it look as if Jennie had done it, and Jennie was arrested. I was present at that live taping on January 22, 1985 in New York, and it was very interesting seeing how an episode of a sitcom evolves into a finished product.

I also attended another taping the following December for an episode in which Jennie was working, and her boss told her he would fire her if she didn't go on a date with him.

Noel
Noel

September 17th, 2008, 2:43 am #7

It used to irritate Allison when the producers and writers of the show would always make her sing "Tomorrow," as if they think it's the only song she knows!

Later on, she sang the Patty Smyth/Scandal 1982 hit "Good-bye To You" on the show and did a great job.
Allison could sing the Phone Book and do a great job!

I always wondered how they got permission for her to sing it.

Jon am I correct on this? I have a memory of her being on "Hollywood Squares" and singing from her "Square"...did that happen or have I merged unrelated events in my mind?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

September 17th, 2008, 3:06 am #8

Yes, I think I have that on tape somewhere. She shared a square with Brian Bloom and she sang "Tomorrow."

Julie

old fan
old fan

September 17th, 2008, 11:58 am #9

Allison could sing the Phone Book and do a great job!

I always wondered how they got permission for her to sing it.

Jon am I correct on this? I have a memory of her being on "Hollywood Squares" and singing from her "Square"...did that happen or have I merged unrelated events in my mind?
..i loved her "Goodbye to You" on K&A too. Very gifted girl.

Suzanne
Suzanne

September 17th, 2008, 12:38 pm #10

I remember seeing one of the K&A episodes where if I remember right she was in the school production of Pirates. (If my memory serves me correctly lol). I would love to see Allison be cast in a lead role on Broadway again.

It's so cool because K&A was and still is one of my favorite shows, and we updated our cable, and get the show again!! :0)

Suzanne