talent show

talent show

michele
michele

March 19th, 2008, 12:06 am #1

Hello,
You guys helped me out a few years back. I am an elementary teacher and am in charge of this year's talent show.
I like to create a theme and am out of ideas. Our past themes have been: Broadway, Hollywood, Disney, 70's, 80's and 90's.
Any ideas? The kids are 1-6 graders.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Michele

AnnieFan
AnnieFan

March 19th, 2008, 12:13 am #2

you could try something like, "songs your parents grew up listening to."

CindyS
CindyS

March 19th, 2008, 3:16 am #3

Hello,
You guys helped me out a few years back. I am an elementary teacher and am in charge of this year's talent show.
I like to create a theme and am out of ideas. Our past themes have been: Broadway, Hollywood, Disney, 70's, 80's and 90's.

Michele
I am an elementary school music teacher and just last Friday night produced our talent show. I called it "Talent Showcase" and did not have a theme, but made sure all the acts were something that truly showcased talent, i.e., piano playing, vocals, poets, magicians, etc. I also wrote a narration, which the parents really enjoyed. I also put together a group of younger third and fourth graders to do some patriotic music and called them the "Americana Choir". My Orff ensemble also performed some music from African and Middle Eastern folk genre.

Good luck.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 19th, 2008, 3:34 am #4

Hello,

Michele
Kinda silly, but maybe they could act out some of their favorite commercials and sing popular jingles. There is actually a book of sheet music published with some of the more famous commercial jingles. You could also include TV show theme songs.

Julie

Michele
Michele

March 19th, 2008, 3:49 am #5

Thanks so much for your input.
3 years ago I had my own class (8 girls) perform
Hard Knock Life and they were the hit of the entire show!

Thanks again guys! You are all a fountain of helpful information!

Michele

Jenna
Jenna

March 19th, 2008, 6:41 pm #6

Hello,

Michele
Here are some ideas/themes:

Around the USA - everything relates to a place some ideas include Route 66, New York New York, anything from Cars

Shopping - hard but fun. For a back drop when I did this as a theme there was shopping bags from mall stores attached to the back of the curtain. Some songs had to be a stretch like any song for the music store, any song about food for the food court, any popular movie song for the movies (or let's go to the movies from the Annie movie), A song using elastic bands for the sewing shop.

Disney theme

Circus theme

100 years of song - Songs from different decades

Songs from movies

Hope this helps!