Struthers/Fitch to Star in "Annie" in MA

Struthers/Fitch to Star in "Annie" in MA

Rachel
Rachel

April 10th, 2008, 6:00 pm #1

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=26823

Just got the press release and put that article up...should be a great production if anyone lives in/near Massachusetts.

Rachel

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 10th, 2008, 11:12 pm #2

C'mon Old Fan. We're going! LOL

Yeah, I'm sort of burned out on Annie but the Reagle Players are good and I want to see both Sally and Fitch.

Whattya say?

Thanks, Rachel, for posting this

Tony
Tony

April 10th, 2008, 11:34 pm #3

Funny, i have a video of when Robert Fitch directed Annie there in the mid 90s I believe. He also played Rooster then.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 11th, 2008, 3:10 am #4

Did the Players stick to the original script or did they have 800 orphans and Miss Hannigan handing out milk and cookies ala Annie20th? rolling eyes

I'd be curious to see how Sally portrays Hannigan under a different director. I think Sally has great talent but wondered if it was poor direction that made her Hannigan too 'comic-strippy' and less of a tortured woman.

This could be interesting.

Hey, old fan, they are having auditions. Wanna go?! LOL This could be our chance. I'll audition for Mrs. Pugh

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 11th, 2008, 3:11 am #5

Hi Tony,

Forgot to ask...how was the cast? Any details you remember would be appreciated

Isaac
Isaac

April 11th, 2008, 12:00 pm #6

The cast is pretty good. Annie is good for regional stuff, solid, but nothing amazing. The real star is Miss Hannigan. She's absolutely hilarious in all of the scenes. They used about 20 orphans, iirc, but there was no milk and cookies, just some lines were split up between orphans.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 11th, 2008, 2:52 pm #7

The Reagle Players put on very good productions, actually. Andrea did Annie Get Your Gun there about...hmmm...six years ago? Having never been to their shows I was really impressed.

I'm hoping that because Robert is directing, he'll use the original script throughout the entire production e.g. 6 orphans and not 20

Tony
Tony

April 11th, 2008, 8:40 pm #8

They used the original choreo, and the Annie was ok not a great singer though.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 11th, 2008, 11:39 pm #9

Sometimes, in regional productions, casting will sacrifice one skill for another. That is, if there is a great actress who isn't a strong singer, they might decide that is preferable to a strong singer and not-so-great actress. Or vice-versa.

Ideally, I'd like to see both a strong singer and actress. But if I had to choose, though, I'd rather a strong actress and adequate singer.

Of course, some productions choose a not-so-great actress or singer
But I digress...