Strange Bill Cosby inerviewing Aileen Quinn -

annielauri
annielauri

12:22 AM - Jul 11, 2008 #1

Has anyone else seen this interview? Something is bleeped in the beginning (I can't figure out what he says) and the rest of the questions seem completely inappropriate to ask to a young child. Aileen handled the interview so professionally with lots of charisma. I was impressed by her for sure! Bill Cosby, not so much. Strange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7c5JMOI ... re=related

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

1:53 AM - Jul 11, 2008 #2

Belongs in jail for the crimes he has committed. Creepy, creepy guy.

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

2:38 AM - Jul 11, 2008 #3

Has anyone else seen this interview? Something is bleeped in the beginning (I can't figure out what he says) and the rest of the questions seem completely inappropriate to ask to a young child. Aileen handled the interview so professionally with lots of charisma. I was impressed by her for sure! Bill Cosby, not so much. Strange.

I remember this interview well. It aired on August 27, 1982. I've always been a big fan and admirer of Bill's, and I don't think he was trying to be mean; just trying to be funny. However, I also believe he was drunk at the time. I agree with you about Aileen's performance; I always admired the way she handled herself during this interview under rather tough conditions! And the Annie medley was typical Aileen--superb and second to none. I thought it was funny that Bill was so aloof to what was going on that he was pouring ice tea for himself while she was singing!!

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

3:28 AM - Jul 11, 2008 #4

Yes, he must have been drunk, right? He wouldn't try to make that sweet girl uncomfortable in his right mind? Poor Aileen, what a sweetie!

french_girl
french_girl

9:37 AM - Jul 11, 2008 #5

i don't think he was trying to be mean either... he was trying to be funny, TRYING lol... i found the questions very inapropriete (sp) too anyway.. but Aileen did great!

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

12:24 PM - Jul 11, 2008 #6

If he was drunk that is highly unprofessional and therefore, not funny at all, especially if he was asking inappropriate questions (I haven't watched the clip yet).
This man should be put away for things he's done. There is nothing funny about Bill Cosby.

Dina
Dina

3:26 PM - Jul 11, 2008 #7

He was so inappropriate with her that I actually became physically uncomfortable watching this clip. She herself seemed a bit shocked at the questions. I am appalled at what I watched.

old fan
old fan

5:42 PM - Jul 11, 2008 #8

Belongs in jail for the crimes he has committed. Creepy, creepy guy.
Crimes ? What is it I don't know ? I agree this tape shows a highly inappropriate side to "Mr. Cosby" and Aileen did handle herself well, especially for a kid. Sometimes I don't "get" his humor, or the drawn-out delivery style, but I loved the Cosby show, and I admire his stance on education/family etc, maybe not every speech or issue or word....so this tape saddens me, because I guess he in under the influence....hmmmm. Yeah this particular vid was creepy but what do you mean by crimes ?

Momofactress
Momofactress

6:17 PM - Jul 11, 2008 #9

Well I just watched the video and I honestly didn't think it was THAT bad. After reading all your responses I expected something absolutely horrible.
It wasn't the best interview but not horrible.

TheatreGuyNYC
TheatreGuyNYC

7:49 PM - Jul 11, 2008 #10

If he was drunk that is highly unprofessional and therefore, not funny at all, especially if he was asking inappropriate questions (I haven't watched the clip yet).
This man should be put away for things he's done. There is nothing funny about Bill Cosby.
I find it inappropriate when people say someone should be 'put away for the things they have done' when no one has heard of them doing anything (that has been proven in a court of law). If K has some info why don't you please enlighten us all. Otherwise it would be appropriate to simply say that his humor in this clip was overboard and leave it at that. Obviously the man is extremely popular or else he would not have had the immense success that he has enjoyed over the years. Its always best to state the facts and not over dramatize or embellish to make a point. I think that is kind of the point of the 'telephone' game that children play.