stage school

kate
kate

May 14th, 2008, 8:11 pm #1

just wondered, in America do you have stage schools like full time 11-16 drma schools? Or is that somthinf only the U.K does? also thought it might be interesting to find out what camp's/clubs/theatre schools you all went or go to?

a bit random i know :s but I like to check out the websites!

mines called the class act theatre company

www.classacttheatrecompany.com

xxxxxxxxx

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 14th, 2008, 8:48 pm #2

Yes, there are performing arts high schools in the U.S. in most big cities. Manhattan has a few of them, some public and some private. There are two that I know of in Southern California.

There are many summer camps that have theatre and dance programs. The two most popular ones on the East Coast are Stagedoor Manor and French Woods.

Julie

mom of 6
mom of 6

May 15th, 2008, 1:09 am #3

Hi Kate,

Atlanta has a performing arts school that someone on this site told me about (thank you, by the way). It's called Pebblebrook. Hannah is auditioning for it next March. And it's a public school! Which means no tuition. Rumor has it, that Raven Samone attended there

We are moving on June 1st by the way! So excited!!

tonya
tonya

May 15th, 2008, 5:47 pm #4

You guys are really doing it! You will only be 5 hours from Allison and I! Hope we can visit! Hope you're ready for the south!!

Tonya

mom of 6
mom of 6

May 15th, 2008, 7:41 pm #5

I'm sure we can find a half way point and get together again:)
I hope the south is ready for ME

Lisa
Lisa

May 15th, 2008, 10:31 pm #6

Yeah Melissa! I'm so happy for you and your family. Did your husband get a job there as well?

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 17th, 2008, 3:10 am #7

Yes, there are performing arts high schools in the U.S. in most big cities. Manhattan has a few of them, some public and some private. There are two that I know of in Southern California.

There are many summer camps that have theatre and dance programs. The two most popular ones on the East Coast are Stagedoor Manor and French Woods.

Julie
And there is one, just outside of Boston, called Walnut Hill www.walnuthillarts.org

I know the Boston Ballet has their summer intensive there.