Song suggestions for boy soprano (non-belty)

September 6th, 2008, 5:40 pm #1

Posting for a friend:

He is looking for audition song suggestions for his son, a 12-yr-old boy soprano with an unchanged voice. They need something upbeat that shows character, but not belty. It doesn't necessarily have to come from a boy's role in a show.

Any ideas?

Katherine
Katherine

September 6th, 2008, 6:48 pm #2

"Where Is Love" or "Who Will Buy" from Oliver are good. Or "Bright Eyes." Those are all I can think of off the top of my head, but I will post again later when I think of more.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

September 7th, 2008, 4:03 am #3

Posting for a friend:

He is looking for audition song suggestions for his son, a 12-yr-old boy soprano with an unchanged voice. They need something upbeat that shows character, but not belty. It doesn't necessarily have to come from a boy's role in a show.

Any ideas?
Fell free to have your friend contact me for coaching. I have lots of suggestions.

Julie

September 7th, 2008, 6:32 pm #4

I'm emailing you for advice about another topic, myself!

Thank you!

RLS
RLS

September 8th, 2008, 2:28 am #5

How are you doing? It's nice to see you back on the boards! How was your run in Asia? Any news on if you guys will be going back out? What an amazing experience that must have been...

September 8th, 2008, 3:38 am #6

Thanks for the message! The run in Asia was absolutely amazing -- we were so sad to leave! But there is the possibility of going back out, and everyone (except any kids who have grown too much) will be invited back, so who knows? There was a chance of us heading to Taiwan for two weeks in October, but that didn't end up happening, and I think they are trying to combine Taiwan with some other locations to take the tour out again in 2009. That's my hope, assuming I'm free to go back to it! It was a truly incredible experience, and it made me realize how much I enjoy traveling and need that to be a big part of my life -- an important realization for me, I think!

Diane
Diane

September 8th, 2008, 11:54 pm #7

To Grief

How long were you out? Is there a website of your tour?

Thanks!

September 9th, 2008, 5:10 am #8

Hi Diane,

The tour was out from March until the end of August, with a hiatus from May-June in the middle. There is a website of the production company, Troika, that has cast headshots and some photos from the show.

This is the Troika website:

http://www.troika.com/mktsoma.html

And this is my blog:

http://soundofmusicasia.blogspot.com/

It has links to the blogs of a lot of other cast and crew members, as well. I didn't put a lot of photos up after the first bit, but other people did.

Enjoy!