Did you enjoy the performance?

May 11th, 2008, 10:19 pm #3

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 11th, 2008, 10:57 pm #4

Wow, thanks Julie. Those were great!
I especially loved the Smile video.
Did you enjoy the performance?
Yes, I enjoyed the performance a lot. I thought Grace was a wonderful Annie. I had not planned to stay for the evening performance but one of the moms offered me a ticket and I was able to stay through Amanda singing "Tomorrow." Thanks to another mom for offering me her ticket for the matinee. It was fun to see how differently the girls played the title role and the different chemistry (from matinee to evening) between the orphans on stage. Honestly, Sunny fit in just fine and I would have never guessed she was not a kid. She was shorter than Madison and Jaida and pitched her voice high, so when she spoke or sang, it sounded young. I even bumped into Martin Charnin right before the evening performance.

Today is the final performance and I know it will be sad for everyone. The tour will pick up again in December and make its way to Asia towards the end. Many of the current adult cast members will be returning when the show picks up again, but my guess is that they will cast all new kids.

Julie

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

May 11th, 2008, 11:34 pm #5

I was glad to finally see a video of Grace as Annie. I think she did a great job. Thanks for the videos!

old fan
old fan

May 11th, 2008, 11:42 pm #6

I thought Grace sounded quite good! I also liked HKL but not smile as much. The cast will be sad to break up; seems like the auditions were just held.

RLS
RLS

May 12th, 2008, 12:35 am #7

I also think that Grace sounded quite good as Annie. Though, I really wish I could have heard her sing the end of Tomorrow as well. Any chance you have that video, Julie?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 12th, 2008, 12:45 am #8

No, I don't have any more video. I was using my small digital camera and ran out of space on my memory card. Sorry. Grace hit every note perfectly and did the scene with the policeman very well.

Julie

Nancy Etzkorn
Nancy Etzkorn

May 12th, 2008, 1:23 am #9

I am Grace's grandmother and I thank you for posting this video. We got to see Annie "way back in November '07" but have never seen Grace performing as "Annie" so this was a great treat.
Thank you so very much - we are excited for Grace to return home in a few days.

RLS
RLS

May 12th, 2008, 1:51 am #10

No, I don't have any more video. I was using my small digital camera and ran out of space on my memory card. Sorry. Grace hit every note perfectly and did the scene with the policeman very well.

Julie
I'm sure she did a really nice job with it as she sounded really good up to that point, I just was wondering if you had more to see. Thanks so much for sneaking that for us!

I've been hoping that video would surface from the tour as my daughter and I didn't get to see it... The only time it came even close to us was the week before Easter (with a 5 hour drive) and I was totally broke that weekend.

The next week (Easter weekend - 3 hour drive) was the weekend that my body decided that I needed to be admitted to the hospital with a darn kidney infection and kidney stones... It was not willing to drive that far, darn body! lol.......

Thanks again Julie!