Maria
Maria

May 12th, 2008, 4:41 pm #21

I have not had the chance to see this tour, but I have to admit that the music sounds very minimal. Does the tour include musicians, and, if so, how many? I am a musician and the music sounds Hollow and empty....not the kids singing mind you....just the actual accompaniments.
I saw the tour this weekend and thought everyone did a great job. I really liked David Barton's portrayal of Warbucks, J. Michael Zygo as Rooster and Lynn Andrews as Hannigan (although she did appear a little too young in my opinion). I thought all the orphans and Amanda did a great job. I preferred Amanda's acting over her singing but thought she was great. I thought Annalisa did a great job as Molly (very talented) but I thought because of her size she came off as a bit of a smart alec rather than adorable. I am from the old school that prefers a tiny Molly and a small(ish) Annie and then various size orphans-but that is just my opinion. Overall it was very entertaining. It is a little strange that the cast is so small(in number) and young (adult ensemble). I felt they all did a great job it just looked a little sparse.

old fan
old fan

May 12th, 2008, 4:57 pm #22

...I think the kids have all matured over the past year and are outgrowing their roles. Even Amanda, who started off "small" for Annie, looked much older in those home-made YouTube videos she & Grace made. It's interesting to hear a variety of opinions.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 12th, 2008, 5:10 pm #23

I have not had the chance to see this tour, but I have to admit that the music sounds very minimal. Does the tour include musicians, and, if so, how many? I am a musician and the music sounds Hollow and empty....not the kids singing mind you....just the actual accompaniments.
There were about 5 musicians in the pit. The conductor, who also played and controlled the keyboard, a percussionist, and the rest played horns, I think. I was really surprised to see so few musicians, to be honest. I guess everything is pre-programmed and they just play along to fill out the sound.

Julie

Nancy Etzkorn
Nancy Etzkorn

May 12th, 2008, 8:54 pm #24

No, I don't have any more video. I was using my small digital camera and ran out of space on my memory card. Sorry. Grace hit every note perfectly and did the scene with the policeman very well.

Julie
Julie,
Just another note to thank you so much for capturing Grace's performance as Annie.
Just wondering - does the production company ever videotape performances that are available for family after the production ends?

THANKS AGAIN.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 12th, 2008, 10:00 pm #25

Nancy:

The production did film some scenes from the show, which they have on their website, www.annieontour.com. Perhaps Networks will give the cast members a copy of what they filmed.

Julie

Nancy
Nancy

May 13th, 2008, 2:58 am #26

Thank you Julie,
I'll have my son or daughter-in-law check with Networks

Saw the tour
Saw the tour

May 13th, 2008, 7:49 am #27

There were about 5 musicians in the pit. The conductor, who also played and controlled the keyboard, a percussionist, and the rest played horns, I think. I was really surprised to see so few musicians, to be honest. I guess everything is pre-programmed and they just play along to fill out the sound.

Julie
I got to see the tour this weekend as well. I had seen the tour last year as well so it was fun to compare. They changed some lines and I did miss the fuller orchestra. I was incredibly impressed with the man who played Daddy Warbucks. He had an excellent voice and was a terrific actor. I found myself really enjoying "Something Was Missing" more than I normally do.

I had a few questions for anyone who was in the show or might know about it.

Did Amanda get in the laundry bag or did she stay in the cart that was rolled off stage?

Was that singing part where the girls sing "We're cleaning up for Miss Hannigan" new?

Did Drake and Mrs Pugh have smaller roles in this cast? Oh, I thought the woman who played Mrs. Pugh was excellent!

Did Grace do that check dance in the original Broadway show?

Thanks to anyone who knows the answers!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 13th, 2008, 4:50 pm #28

I can't answer your first question, but I'm pretty sure I can answer the rest.

Did Amanda get in the laundry bag or did she stay in the cart that was rolled off stage?
Don't know this one.

Was that singing part where the girls sing "We're cleaning up for Miss Hannigan" new?
Yes, that part is new.

Did Drake and Mrs Pugh have smaller roles in this cast? Oh, I thought the woman who played Mrs. Pugh was excellent!
No, they didn't have smaller parts but the show was directed differently, so they stood out less.

Did Grace do that check dance in the original Broadway show?
Thank goodness, NO! It's ridiculously stupid.

Julie

Saw the tour
Saw the tour

May 14th, 2008, 5:08 am #29

Thanks for answering them! The check part is pretty strange. It just seems so goofy for an otherwise powerful scene. I did feel like Drake and Mrs. Pugh did stand out less. When I saw the show with Marisa I remember noticing them a lot more.

gloria
gloria

May 19th, 2008, 12:00 pm #30

Hi: I'm wondering if it is possible for you to send me copies of these videos. It was so wonderful to see Sunny in action, and I would love to have them to watch on a TV. Is that possible? I would be glad to pay for any expense.