SJP - S&TC movie

SJP - S&TC movie

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

April 25th, 2008, 11:01 am #1

I saw a preview for the movie last night. It looks great (I especially laughed at the line about the cosmos). I hope we all get a chance to go see it!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

April 26th, 2008, 3:10 am #2

Does anyone remember the plot of this movie? I vaguely remember watching it as a kid.

Julie

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

April 26th, 2008, 4:59 am #3

I remember seeing a couple of TV movies starring Sarah in the '80s, but this one I am not familiar with at all. I would have remembered that nice song Sarah sang.

I noticed that this movie was akin to Martha Byrne's great 1982 movie "Anna To The Infinite Power," as it was done in Flemington, New Jersey by the same film company, and the music was done by the same composer.

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

April 26th, 2008, 5:06 am #4

Does anyone remember the plot of this movie? I vaguely remember watching it as a kid.

Julie

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
P.S. Same director as Anna To The Infinite Power, too! (Robert Wiemer).

Look at IMDb for Somewhere Tomorrow. Also, check eBay. There are a gazillion DVDs of it available, cheap.

Dina
Dina

April 26th, 2008, 1:38 pm #5

Julie

For any die hard, old time "Days of Our Lives" fans (like me, at least once upon a time), Melissa Brennan (Reeves) is in this movie as well. It was a couple of years before she joined the cast of DOOL as Jennifer Horton.

Dina

old fan
old fan

April 26th, 2008, 3:55 pm #6

...ages ago ! I remember Jennifer Rose ! I watched it when I was working nights and couldn't sleep in the daytime I never saw this SJP movie though, although I did watch Square Pegs a few times and a couple of her TV movies. My fave was In the Best Interest of the Children with Sally Struthers.
Funny all the Annie world connections !

Dina
Dina

April 26th, 2008, 8:32 pm #7

My BF has an old movie of hers from 1989 called "Life Under Water" on video, though I haven't yet watched it. BTW, I think her voice sounds so pretty in this clip. Thanks for digging it up, Julie. I particularly love how soulful her facial expression is throughout the scene.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 26th, 2008, 11:10 pm #8

Julie

It would be easier to do a search if we knew the title

I can't believe Robbie Benson! HAHA...he was in every girls' school locker in jr. high.

SJP actually has a decent voice in that clip. As an adult, singing with the Boston Pops, she was HORRID. I was surprised she was ever in a muscial (or two, for that matter) based on that performance.

old fan
old fan

April 27th, 2008, 12:07 am #9

I LOVED him and he is still gorgeous. He is a decent singer..he was the voice of the Beast in Beauty and the...and tons of tear jerker movies of the week (Death be Not Proud, Ritchie, Ode to Billy Jo )
but what movie are we talking about here ? I am an "old fan" of his LOL.

old fan
old fan

April 27th, 2008, 12:14 am #10

...Robby B looks SORT of like Brian Bloom, Allison Smith's old boyfriend and Martha Byrne's love interest on ATWT, lol...definitely both my type !