old fan
old fan

April 27th, 2008, 1:51 pm #21

nmi
Lucky, lucky you ! Whom did you prefer ?

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

April 27th, 2008, 2:15 pm #22

There was a photo flip book for "Hair"? I wasn't a big fan of that show or movie, so I wouldn't have bought it. You know how much I love the ones for "Grease" and "Ice Castles." Thanks aain for sending me yours when I couldn't find one of mine.

Julie
I loved that movie. The love song was the first song I ever got paid to sing in public (for a wedding). Holy crap, if I tried to sing it today, dogs would howl, tomb stones would rattle, the city would be evacuated, and so on. py

I still love that song. I have to find a copy of it now.

I don't remember these book things you all are talking about though.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

April 27th, 2008, 2:18 pm #23

The movie above is "Somewhere Tomorrow", and the guy in it is Tom Shea. Speaking of Robbie Benson, though, I remember getting to meet him backstage after "Pirates of Penzance" in 1980 on B'Way. Very nice guy...and I remember him seeming sort of shy.

Dina PS Loved the movie "Ode to Billy Jo"--also was a great book.
I think I remember hearing or reading somewhere that he is shy. I also saw him in an interview where he said some kid was picking on his kid on the playground and he (Robby) went up to the bully and said, "Don't you ever do that again," in his voice from Beauty and the Beast. Hehe!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

April 27th, 2008, 2:22 pm #24

"Death Be Not Proud" with Robby Benson was a true story and was filmed at the actual boarding school depicted in the movie which was Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts, from where I graduated in 1963. Aside from King Abdullah II of Jordan, class of 1980, Johnny Gunther was perhaps our most famous school alumnus, thanks to his author father John Gunther writing the famous book about his son's dying of a brain tumor while he was attending Deerfield in the late 1940s.

Robby did a great job in the movie, and the students thought it was lots of fun having the school become a movie set for several weeks during filming in 1975. About half the students agreed to cut their hair 1947-style so that they could be extras in the movie.
That's a much better experience than my cousin had when they filmed one of the ultra-sophisticated "Chuckie" horror movies at his military school (Kemper in Alabama). The cadets got so sick of the conditions that they refused to participate for a day and shut down production!

old fan
old fan

April 27th, 2008, 3:23 pm #25

I think I remember hearing or reading somewhere that he is shy. I also saw him in an interview where he said some kid was picking on his kid on the playground and he (Robby) went up to the bully and said, "Don't you ever do that again," in his voice from Beauty and the Beast. Hehe!
I can SO spot a sensitive man...with a beastly voice LOL !

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 27th, 2008, 11:30 pm #26

The movie above is "Somewhere Tomorrow", and the guy in it is Tom Shea. Speaking of Robbie Benson, though, I remember getting to meet him backstage after "Pirates of Penzance" in 1980 on B'Way. Very nice guy...and I remember him seeming sort of shy.

Dina PS Loved the movie "Ode to Billy Jo"--also was a great book.
boo!

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

April 27th, 2008, 11:36 pm #27

I LOVED him and he is still gorgeous. He is a decent singer..he was the voice of the Beast in Beauty and the...and tons of tear jerker movies of the week (Death be Not Proud, Ritchie, Ode to Billy Jo )
but what movie are we talking about here ? I am an "old fan" of his LOL.
http://www.robbybenson.net/

Enjoy (all you 13 year old inner children

old fan
old fan

April 27th, 2008, 11:53 pm #28

Thanks...the site looks great and you even get to listen to his CD while you peruse his photos !!!!
I did not know he had major heart problems & surgeries....Thanks for the link.

old fan
old fan

April 28th, 2008, 12:49 am #29

boo!
Robby was MUCH (still is !) cuter than that dude ! Dina supplied his name, someone Shea I think. Weren't you a fan of RB ? I liked the clip though. I think Sarah had a sweet voice.

maryanne
maryanne

May 2nd, 2008, 3:59 am #30

I loved that movie. The love song was the first song I ever got paid to sing in public (for a wedding). Holy crap, if I tried to sing it today, dogs would howl, tomb stones would rattle, the city would be evacuated, and so on. py

I still love that song. I have to find a copy of it now.

I don't remember these book things you all are talking about though.
love,love lovelove thatmovie