Sarah Neimetz-What it means to be a friend

Katherine
Katherine

9:57 PM - May 19, 2008 #1

Hi everyone!
There used to be a video on this site of Sarah Neimetz singing "What it Means to be a Friend," from 13. I can't seem to find it anymore...Julie, did you have to take it down for some reason? Just wondering, because it's a really great song. Thanks!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

10:08 PM - May 19, 2008 #2

Yes, I took it down. Sorry. I can put it on You Tube, if you'd like to see it again.

Julie

Katherine
Katherine

10:17 PM - May 19, 2008 #3

Thanks for responding so quickly, Julie!
That would be so great if you could put it on youtube if you get the chance!
Thanks!
-Katherine

another mom
another mom

12:47 AM - May 20, 2008 #4

Hi everyone!
There used to be a video on this site of Sarah Neimetz singing "What it Means to be a Friend," from 13. I can't seem to find it anymore...Julie, did you have to take it down for some reason? Just wondering, because it's a really great song. Thanks!
You can find it on Jason Robert Brown's website, along with some other songs from the LA production. From what I understand, some of the songs have been written out of the new production & new ones added, but "Friend" is still in it.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

2:21 AM - May 20, 2008 #5

Thanks for responding so quickly, Julie!
That would be so great if you could put it on youtube if you get the chance!
Thanks!
-Katherine
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

RLS
RLS

2:31 AM - May 20, 2008 #6

Wow, she's really good... I haven't seen that before.

I have a question... I don't really know the premise of this show... What is it about? Is it appropriate for a 10-year-old going on 30? lol.....

Julie
Julie

3:25 AM - May 20, 2008 #7

I don't know about the rewrites for the most current production, but when it ran in LA, the plot was a young boy whose parents are getting divorced, moves from NYC to Indiana, right before his Bar Mitzvah. He tries to fit in at his new school and impress his new friends by getting them into an R-rated movie (he convinces his mother to purchase the tickets). Chaos ensues, feelings get hurt, but it all works out in the end at his Bar Mitzvah and party.

Julie

french_girl
french_girl

8:19 AM - May 20, 2008 #8

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
thanks for posting!
are they all around 13 years old ?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

3:24 PM - May 20, 2008 #9

Yes, they were all around 13 years old, with the exception of the lead boy, who was 17 in the LA production.

Julie

NYCMom
NYCMom

5:06 PM - May 20, 2008 #10

I don't know about the rewrites for the most current production, but when it ran in LA, the plot was a young boy whose parents are getting divorced, moves from NYC to Indiana, right before his Bar Mitzvah. He tries to fit in at his new school and impress his new friends by getting them into an R-rated movie (he convinces his mother to purchase the tickets). Chaos ensues, feelings get hurt, but it all works out in the end at his Bar Mitzvah and party.

Julie
It sounds like a cute show, hopefully it does well. Wondering though how/if it will appeal to the typical adult Broadway fan.