Mandy
Mandy

May 20th, 2008, 5:53 pm #11

Whether it succeeds on Broadway or not, licensing fees for schools and theaters across the country will be lucrative.

Jessie
Jessie

May 20th, 2008, 10:11 pm #12

Yes, they were all around 13 years old, with the exception of the lead boy, who was 17 in the LA production.

Julie
omg, was he really? i saw it and i never would have guessed he was 17! wow!

Dina
Dina

May 23rd, 2008, 3:51 am #13

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
OMG!! This girl has one of THE most gorgeous voices I have ever heard. I literally had goosebumps all over when I watched this. I love the deep, soulful voice...much like Lauren Pritchard, from SPRING AWAKENING.

Dina
Dina

May 23rd, 2008, 1:47 pm #14

Hi everyone!
There used to be a video on this site of Sarah Neimetz singing "What it Means to be a Friend," from 13. I can't seem to find it anymore...Julie, did you have to take it down for some reason? Just wondering, because it's a really great song. Thanks!
I just saw that Todd Graff directed this. Are you still friends with him? I know he was at Stagedoor also and I loved his movie "Camp"!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 23rd, 2008, 5:54 pm #15

Yes, Todd Graff directed the LA production of "13" and he also went to Stagedoor Manor. I am still friends with him and think he is super talented.

Julie

mom
mom

May 25th, 2008, 4:58 am #16

Wow, she's really good... I haven't seen that before.

I have a question... I don't really know the premise of this show... What is it about? Is it appropriate for a 10-year-old going on 30? lol.....
Most of the show has been reworked since LA. It's getting ready for the fall Broadway run. Although the show definately has some humor and story line that is geared toward adults -- it is fine for all age kids as well. There is some language that is true to teen angst -- probably PG to PG13. My 8 year old loves the show as well as my 17 year old. But it's definately not Disney. It's funny, gritty, real and the score is amazing.

You can see some current links on You Tube at "13" at Goodspeed