anniefan
anniefan

May 30th, 2008, 10:00 pm #51

I agree. I don't think the older voices would sound bad, but it just sounds like they're trying extra hard to sound younger and it just comes off strange. I think it probably would have been a lot better if they had recorded the soundtrack right after the first tour ended.
I wish they could have recorded this when they were younger too. I wonder why it took so long to get this recording done.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 30th, 2008, 11:27 pm #52

....it is so much cuter to have them sing it ! I know they also spoke it on some of the original tours, and it just doesn't work as well, IMO.
In the beginning of the original Bway production, that line WAS spoken. At some point they changed it but Janine spoke the line at first.

SO glad they changed it to singing - sounds much better

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

May 31st, 2008, 4:44 am #53

I can't help it but I love the OBC and this doesn't sound like it holds a candle to it. I love the OBC.. the simple horn playing at the beginning of Maybe, Andrea's crystal clear perfect fiery, spunky voice and perfect belt, the orphan's pitch perfect voices and their perfect annunciations and I just love HKL exactly as it is, the orchestrations, the simple wistfulness of 'tomorrow', Reid Shelton's perfect Warbucks, everything is just PERFECT on the OBC. I hate trying to update and outdo the original with fancier orchestrations and more synthesizing and modern girls.... The OBC is just simply perfect. Nothing ever compares to the original for me.
oh yes i agree 100%

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

May 31st, 2008, 4:51 am #54

I can't help it but I love the OBC and this doesn't sound like it holds a candle to it. I love the OBC.. the simple horn playing at the beginning of Maybe, Andrea's crystal clear perfect fiery, spunky voice and perfect belt, the orphan's pitch perfect voices and their perfect annunciations and I just love HKL exactly as it is, the orchestrations, the simple wistfulness of 'tomorrow', Reid Shelton's perfect Warbucks, everything is just PERFECT on the OBC. I hate trying to update and outdo the original with fancier orchestrations and more synthesizing and modern girls.... The OBC is just simply perfect. Nothing ever compares to the original for me.
you said exactly what i was thinking! when i hear the horn i get chills. the OBC is the only one for me!

old fan
old fan

May 31st, 2008, 2:20 pm #55

In the beginning of the original Bway production, that line WAS spoken. At some point they changed it but Janine spoke the line at first.

SO glad they changed it to singing - sounds much better
...they must have changed it to singing pretty early on. I never saw Janine speak (on TV etc) the lines...I wonder why they changed it to talking again, singing, talking, singing...I'm confused !

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 31st, 2008, 9:47 pm #56

Approximately two weeks into the Bway run she was speaking the lines. I'm not sure when it changed but it sounds so much better when they're sung.