old fan
old fan

May 30th, 2008, 12:54 am #41

....it is so much cuter to have them sing it ! I know they also spoke it on some of the original tours, and it just doesn't work as well, IMO.

RLS
RLS

May 30th, 2008, 1:08 am #42

no. in the recent tour they had the girls talk the line, as opposed to singing it. personally, i much prefer them singing it. it sounds much better. the girls have good voices, why not use them? haha
I agree that the girls have great voices, but I didn't really like how that line sounded in that clip. Which surprised me because I think that Taylor has a beautiful voice.

Dina
Dina

May 30th, 2008, 3:00 am #43

I agree, RLS. I think it's just because she, like Brittany, sounds very much like a teenager and not like a child. Marissa, Molly and Lindsay still sounds like kids, but the others do sound teenager-ish.

Dina
Dina

May 30th, 2008, 3:06 am #44

..I won't be buying this CD, because I am faithful to the OBC one too ! Also I did not see the tour, so I don't have an "emotional investment ," lol, in it ! But I loved hearing the clips...unfortunately I agree with all the comments so far...
Why did they have to take out that word? Now it's just "Oh,the Boylan Sisters". I thought the whole point was that they're supposed to be mimicking Bert Healy!!!

RLS
RLS

May 30th, 2008, 3:15 am #45

I agree, RLS. I think it's just because she, like Brittany, sounds very much like a teenager and not like a child. Marissa, Molly and Lindsay still sounds like kids, but the others do sound teenager-ish.
I think you're right, that she really did sound more like a teenager than a kid. But, there was just something that sounded almost a little "put on" about it, like she was trying to sound funny. I don't know how to describe it. And I feel like I'm almost saying too much because I really do enjoy hearing her, I'm not trying to say anything bad about her at all, we think that she's fabulous at our house! :O)

Ph my, Molly and Lindsay do sound so cute on this CD, don't they!? Marissa sounds great too. She's grown up a lot since the start of the tour hasn't she? (As a little side note - When my daughter heard her, she was like "Who is that? She sounds awesome!" I told her that she was the one we saw in the corner at the last auditions... She was like "OH YEAH! I love her!") lol

Meghan
Meghan

May 30th, 2008, 3:54 am #46

I know what you are talking about. She is a great singer, so this totally isnt meant to put down the rercording at all, but i heard it the same way too....like she was trying to some kind of funny voice or something...it just sounded kinda weird. I think maybe she was trying to make herself sound younger (or maybe they were instructed to sound younger) and so that is her trying to make her voice sound younger. it doesnt matter....she is still wonderful like all of the girls!

May 30th, 2008, 8:46 am #47

her character is imitating Bert Healy...

Dina
Dina

May 30th, 2008, 10:07 am #48

With all due respect to all of them--they are ALL wonderful singers and there is no way they would have been cast if they weren't. I guess it's just that we are all used to more childlike voices in this particular show. I am excited to buy the CD and add it to my "Annie collection! I love some of the songs I hadn't heard before.

Natalie
Natalie

May 30th, 2008, 8:11 pm #49

I think you're right, that she really did sound more like a teenager than a kid. But, there was just something that sounded almost a little "put on" about it, like she was trying to sound funny. I don't know how to describe it. And I feel like I'm almost saying too much because I really do enjoy hearing her, I'm not trying to say anything bad about her at all, we think that she's fabulous at our house! :O)

Ph my, Molly and Lindsay do sound so cute on this CD, don't they!? Marissa sounds great too. She's grown up a lot since the start of the tour hasn't she? (As a little side note - When my daughter heard her, she was like "Who is that? She sounds awesome!" I told her that she was the one we saw in the corner at the last auditions... She was like "OH YEAH! I love her!") lol
I agree. I don't think the older voices would sound bad, but it just sounds like they're trying extra hard to sound younger and it just comes off strange. I think it probably would have been a lot better if they had recorded the soundtrack right after the first tour ended.

anniefan
anniefan

May 30th, 2008, 9:58 pm #50

With all due respect to all of them--they are ALL wonderful singers and there is no way they would have been cast if they weren't. I guess it's just that we are all used to more childlike voices in this particular show. I am excited to buy the CD and add it to my "Annie collection! I love some of the songs I hadn't heard before.
I agree. I saw all of them 1/2006 and they are very strong performers. The recording may not be perfect or what we are used to, because they are older etc. As far as seeing them live they do not disappoint. I still am anxious for the release of this CD, as that was something I was hoping for since that particular tour opened.