Tony
Tony

May 25th, 2008, 4:58 pm #21

nmi
Dooooooooooh! I was so excited for a min lol. There names look so similar if you're not paying attention.....like me

old fan
old fan

May 25th, 2008, 11:31 pm #22

Shelly Bruce is singing all of Grace for Annie 2 songs though which is great!
I don't think she has done much Annie stuff of late (except organize the OBC reunion last year) but there is some of her music on her MySpace etc. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =181168563

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

May 26th, 2008, 12:57 am #23

No problem, Dina. Hope you're doing well, too!
Blessings,
Kim Ryan
Just saying hello! Good to hear from you and hope all is well.

Kim Ryan
Kim Ryan

May 26th, 2008, 4:10 am #24

Things are great! Thanks for the kind words!
Kim

anniefan
anniefan

May 27th, 2008, 2:30 pm #25

http://www.amazon.com/Annie-Broadway-Mu ... 584&sr=8-3

Sounds awesome! Love the new orchestrations in the Overture!
Who sings the solos in this song? I have only seen Annie on stage once and can't remember who sang those parts. I assume Lindsay Ryan? Thanks!

Kim Ryan
Kim Ryan

May 28th, 2008, 12:53 am #26

"No more HKL for Annie!" - Molly Ryan
other solos - Lindsay Ryan

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 28th, 2008, 1:49 am #27

Umm, the orphans in "Never Fully Dressed" sound like they are in their mid twenties?! Marissa sounds good though.
I had the same thought

Maybe because the recent tours have left me feeling cynical but...I'm not that fond of this recording. There is an odd echo-y sound, several cast members aren't hitting the notes and as BF mentioned, the kids sound too old.

I'm not as impressed as everyone else.

anniefan
anniefan

May 28th, 2008, 2:44 am #28

"No more HKL for Annie!" - Molly Ryan
other solos - Lindsay Ryan
nmi

KW
KW

May 28th, 2008, 4:04 am #29

I had the same thought

Maybe because the recent tours have left me feeling cynical but...I'm not that fond of this recording. There is an odd echo-y sound, several cast members aren't hitting the notes and as BF mentioned, the kids sound too old.

I'm not as impressed as everyone else.
I can't help it but I love the OBC and this doesn't sound like it holds a candle to it. I love the OBC.. the simple horn playing at the beginning of Maybe, Andrea's crystal clear perfect fiery, spunky voice and perfect belt, the orphan's pitch perfect voices and their perfect annunciations and I just love HKL exactly as it is, the orchestrations, the simple wistfulness of 'tomorrow', Reid Shelton's perfect Warbucks, everything is just PERFECT on the OBC. I hate trying to update and outdo the original with fancier orchestrations and more synthesizing and modern girls.... The OBC is just simply perfect. Nothing ever compares to the original for me.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 28th, 2008, 5:19 pm #30

I try so hard not to compare original and recent recordings. I know that just because this isn't the original cast doesn't mean they can't be as talented or that the orchestrations can't work.

But for me, it *doesn't* work. And trust me, if I liked it I'd be raving endlessly.
It just falls flat. Literally. As in, can we TRY to hit the notes people? Ugh.

Oh well.

Canned music and a mish-mosh of performers; I don't get it.

So disappointing.