replacement orphans

fantastic5
fantastic5

March 3rd, 2008, 6:52 pm #1

I'm a frequent reader of this board, but this is my first post. My question is... Has anyone heard when the replacement orphans are starting? My daughter and I are so excited to see the show in April when it comes to Colorado, but we are curious as to who will be in the show. We've heard so many great things about the current orphans, we would hate to miss out on seeing them.

RLS
RLS

March 4th, 2008, 12:56 am #2

Honestly, I haven't heard that anyone has ben replaced. At the auditions they said that they weren't reacing anyone "at that time"... They did seem to focus a lot on the little ones, but I haven't heard anything from anyone that they actually ended up replacing anyone and I do talk to a few of the touring parents from time-to-time... Maybe someone else knows differently than I do though, would not be the first time, lol...

Marie
Marie

March 4th, 2008, 1:42 am #3

On Annalisa's guestbook her mom (or someone pretending to be her mom, LOL) congratulates her on becoming second understudy for Annie.

RLS
RLS

March 4th, 2008, 2:26 am #4

I don't want this to sound harsh at all, I am sure that is very talented and could pull this off... I am NOT saying that I don't believe that she could do it, but how would that be pulled off, the smallest orphan being Annie? That surprises me.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 4th, 2008, 2:43 am #5

She's not that much shorter than Amanda ... nmi

Well.....
Well.....

March 4th, 2008, 2:49 am #6

I don't want this to sound harsh at all, I am sure that is very talented and could pull this off... I am NOT saying that I don't believe that she could do it, but how would that be pulled off, the smallest orphan being Annie? That surprises me.
There's really not many choices, with Amanda already missing all the matinees they def. need another understudy or two. I agree it might be awkward, but if Kate/Grace gets sick they have to at least have somebody ready.

RLS
RLS

March 4th, 2008, 3:55 am #7

I know that they really need to have another understudy since Amanda is out so much, that makes perfect sense to me... And I know that Annalisa is not much shorter than Amanda. But, I just wondered how they would explain Molly being taller than Annie, that's all. Maybe they would ignore that? I didn't mean to get anyone upset, I was just surprised, that's all...

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 4th, 2008, 3:12 pm #8

If Sunny went on as Molly that would be weird. Maybe this is also just a way to groom her for the future like they did with Amanda? Who knows? Has anyone even confirmed if it is true or just another rumor?

March 4th, 2008, 3:56 pm #9

So in the current cast, Marina (Duffy) would go on as Molly if Annalisa were Annie.

However, people on the backstage message board were talking about the last Annie tour auditions and saying that they paid the most attention to the smallest girls, i.e. potential Mollys. Maybe when the cast changes, a smaller Molly will come into the picture?

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 4th, 2008, 8:46 pm #10

I know! As I was writing that post about Sunny going on for Molly, I knew that something was not right about what I was saying. It's the pregnancy thing - I'm not always on top of my game!