re: another mom on tour's post below

re: another mom on tour's post below

totally outraged
totally outraged

March 13th, 2008, 9:59 am #1

I am starting a new post because I think everyone needs to be aware of what is alleged to be going on in the current nonequity tour. If what this current tour mom says is accurate, it is beyond dispicable that management would deny vocal warmups and reprimand the kids that dare warmup even on the bus to the venue. This borders on child abuse. Are nonunion tours that insensitive and only after the almighty dollar as has been reported in previous posts? UGH!!!!!

Agree!
Agree!

March 13th, 2008, 10:57 am #2

Wow, Miss Hannigan is looking nice compared to those in charge! I guess "Hard Knock Life" has more of a meaning to these kids on tour.

old fan
old fan

March 13th, 2008, 3:16 pm #3

...could the kids warm up at the hotel? What about the adult performers ? Is this why they named a second understudy to the role of Annie, and will she be performing routinely ? Wow !

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 13th, 2008, 6:47 pm #4

I am starting a new post because I think everyone needs to be aware of what is alleged to be going on in the current nonequity tour. If what this current tour mom says is accurate, it is beyond dispicable that management would deny vocal warmups and reprimand the kids that dare warmup even on the bus to the venue. This borders on child abuse. Are nonunion tours that insensitive and only after the almighty dollar as has been reported in previous posts? UGH!!!!!
Please read my post to the tour moms a few strings below. I suggest that all of us stay out of this alleged dispute about vocal warmups. It's obvious that some of the posts are coming from someone in the cast on tour, however, it's not clear if it is a parent or adult cast member. All I know is that someone is stirring up trouble and involving all of us in it and I don't really appreciate it.

Look, if your child is not warming up properly, then make sure it happens BEFORE half hour. If you have an issue with your employer, take it up with them, not on a public chat board. If you feel your child is in danger, LEAVE. No one is forcing any of the parents to stay on this tour and if someone feels that their child is not being treated well, then they should take their child away. That is what a good parent does - protects their child from immediate and future danger (both physically and mentally). No job is worth damaging a child's voice or self-esteem.

If the posts from the tour continue, I will begin blocking IP addresses, which ends up affecting lots of people with similar IP addresses. Please stop using this website as your anonymous place to vent your frustrations with decisions YOU made.

Julie

RLS
RLS

March 13th, 2008, 7:50 pm #5

I think that "Another Tour Mom" actually said "My daughter only plays a small part" didn't she? I am sure it is a mom. I'm sure it is a FEW moms un a few names.

I totally agree with you. I wish they would just contact the employer and complain to them... Not here. I feel bad about how the kids are being treated, but don't care to read about the parents "woe is me" nonsence. If you don't like how your child is being treated, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, other than complain here. We can't help you, unfortuanately.

And, I would think that if your employer finds out that you are publicly bashing them here then you won't have to worry about that for long anyhow as you may no longer need to worry about being emplyed by the company. I know that I wouldn't want someone working for me that speaks that way about my company. Just my opinion though and maybe it will make some people mad. I'm sorry if it does... But frankly, I don't think that I am the only one that is tired of all this...

ex-tour mom
ex-tour mom

March 13th, 2008, 8:14 pm #6

I know that when my dd toured and the few times they had to take a bus - the adult actors would not allow the kids to sing on the bus. It always had to be "quiet time".
But I am sure they did warm ups with the entire cast once at the theatre - before the shows.

Becky
Becky

March 13th, 2008, 9:01 pm #7

I think that "Another Tour Mom" actually said "My daughter only plays a small part" didn't she? I am sure it is a mom. I'm sure it is a FEW moms un a few names.

I totally agree with you. I wish they would just contact the employer and complain to them... Not here. I feel bad about how the kids are being treated, but don't care to read about the parents "woe is me" nonsence. If you don't like how your child is being treated, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, other than complain here. We can't help you, unfortuanately.

And, I would think that if your employer finds out that you are publicly bashing them here then you won't have to worry about that for long anyhow as you may no longer need to worry about being emplyed by the company. I know that I wouldn't want someone working for me that speaks that way about my company. Just my opinion though and maybe it will make some people mad. I'm sorry if it does... But frankly, I don't think that I am the only one that is tired of all this...
Hi can we stop it ..I do not like to read about the bad thing that go on tour.. I like to hear the good thing .. so just stop it please ..if you do not have any thing to says good then do not not put it on hear .. then start you own forum and then you can talk what ever you want to talk about on there .. Julie is nice to have forum on here so let stop all the bad thing that was said about the tour thanks smile fan smile thanks Becky God Bless you

Zaneeta
Zaneeta

March 13th, 2008, 9:11 pm #8

I know that when my dd toured and the few times they had to take a bus - the adult actors would not allow the kids to sing on the bus. It always had to be "quiet time".
But I am sure they did warm ups with the entire cast once at the theatre - before the shows.
Look guys,
I know so many young children in theatre. There is ALWAYS time to warm up. If you shower before the show, warm up in the shower. Warm up when you are getting dressed to go to the theatre. Warm up on your way to the theatre. Warm up in your dressing room. Warm up while at breakfast. Higher authority can't stop you from warming up if you do it on your own time. And there always is time. Or, you make time. I never go on stage with a musical without warming up. So this is the end of the thread...let's leave it at that.

an Adult on the tour
an Adult on the tour

March 13th, 2008, 9:46 pm #9

First of all I am sorry that someone's mother is letting all of this out on you.
To clear every thing up, I will tell you the REAL truth!

It is true we do not Warm up in the bus going to and from the theater or from city to city ...but, there is always time to warm up before we leave or if the venue is in walking distace we can hum or bubble or sing. We may get some funny looks but it helps us in the end. The girls are aloud to warm up in the dressing rooms.(I should know we have to listen to it every day!!)

Also, the fact that some one decided to post that Madison would be playing the leadrole in the upcoming tour of Annie... not that I don't think she could handle it!! It was entertaining watching the cast and crew come up and congradgulating her on her big news!!!!

that is all.

OMG!
OMG!

March 13th, 2008, 10:29 pm #10

Oh my, there must be some true wackos on this tour! I can't keep up trying to balance the stream of rumors with the ugly truths of low budget touring. Somebody please start an old-time Annie discussion.