ragtime

ragtime

jen
jen

November 4th, 2008, 9:39 pm #1

so with all of these productions of ragtime going on this year, i thought i'd ask people who have maybe seen or done the show. what kind of dancing is involved (for the immigrants and the caucasians)? assuming it's a professional level production. i've never seen the show, but i am very curious before i start auditioning for these shows.

thanks in advance!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

November 6th, 2008, 8:39 pm #2

I think it's a good idea to be familiar with the dance styles of the period.

Julie

<object width="425" height="350" data=""><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><!--[if IE]><embed src="" width="425" height="350" /><![endif]--></object>

mary's mom
mary's mom

November 8th, 2008, 10:28 am #3

so with all of these productions of ragtime going on this year, i thought i'd ask people who have maybe seen or done the show. what kind of dancing is involved (for the immigrants and the caucasians)? assuming it's a professional level production. i've never seen the show, but i am very curious before i start auditioning for these shows.

thanks in advance!
My daughter did a summer production of "Ragtime." The main dance numbers were the opening "Ragtime", "Gettin Ready Rag", "Henry Ford" and "Atlantic City" for the company. You can probably "youtube" some of these. I am not sure how much each production varies. They did not seem too horribly difficult, but then again I did not have to do them.