Questions For Julie

Questions For Julie

Laura
Laura

December 24th, 2008, 7:41 am #1

Can you describe to us your first meeting with Andrea? What were the circumstances and how did you feel meeting her and what do you think about your feelings about that experience as a child as appose to an adult looking back?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 24th, 2008, 11:31 pm #2

Thanks for the question, Laura. I believe the first time I ever met Andrea was when I was asked by our voice teacher, Russ Faith, so sing back-up for her at some of her concerts. He asked several of his students at the time, who had all been in "Annie," to form a sort of orphan troupe. I remember we had to go out and put together orphan costumes, which my mom and I found pretty challenging. I think I was 10 or 11 at the time. I was a huge fan of Andrea and loved hearing her sing. Russ had a gigantic black and white photo of Andrea in his studio so whenever I took a lesson with him, she was always there watching and listening. I don't remember exactly how I felt the first time I met her, but I do know that it was a special moment for me (and I'm guessing the other girls as well).

Julie

Missy
Missy

December 25th, 2008, 12:18 am #3

Great picture. How did she treat you? Was she nice to everyone or aloof? When you bump into her as an adult does she remember you from way back? Is she nice today? I heard that Brooke Sheilds was horrible to people when she was a kid but is great today.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

December 25th, 2008, 12:21 am #4

Brooke's mother was horrible and Brooke learned that behavior. Today she is a wonderful caring person. Luckily she grew out of it or realized it was unnecessary to act that way.

Suzanne
Suzanne

December 25th, 2008, 12:40 am #5

Thanks for the question, Laura. I believe the first time I ever met Andrea was when I was asked by our voice teacher, Russ Faith, so sing back-up for her at some of her concerts. He asked several of his students at the time, who had all been in "Annie," to form a sort of orphan troupe. I remember we had to go out and put together orphan costumes, which my mom and I found pretty challenging. I think I was 10 or 11 at the time. I was a huge fan of Andrea and loved hearing her sing. Russ had a gigantic black and white photo of Andrea in his studio so whenever I took a lesson with him, she was always there watching and listening. I don't remember exactly how I felt the first time I met her, but I do know that it was a special moment for me (and I'm guessing the other girls as well).

Julie
Julie,

I love this picture! You have such a beautiful smile!

Suz

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 25th, 2008, 7:08 pm #6

Great picture. How did she treat you? Was she nice to everyone or aloof? When you bump into her as an adult does she remember you from way back? Is she nice today? I heard that Brooke Sheilds was horrible to people when she was a kid but is great today.
Andrea is always very nice to me when I see her. I've never met Brooke Shields but I've heard she's very sweet and professional.

Julie

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 25th, 2008, 7:09 pm #7

Julie,

Suz
Thanks, Suzanne.

Julie

Dina
Dina

December 26th, 2008, 1:33 am #8

Andrea is always very nice to me when I see her. I've never met Brooke Shields but I've heard she's very sweet and professional.

Julie
I met Brooke after "Chicago" and she was wonderful with all the fans. She was 3 months preg and totally exhausted after the show, but very kind and sweet.

old fan
old fan

December 26th, 2008, 2:09 pm #9

Julie,

Suz
Julie, you were so tiny ! Was this before, during or after you were in Annie ? Glad to hear Andrea was friendly. That dispels a few unkind rumors.

Re: Brooke: I have great respect for her bringing the issue of postpartum depression, and the use of anti-depressants as part of the solution to this common problem, to light... Her book was fascinating. I know she was under her mother's influence as a child, according to the biography, and her mom wanted to keep her in a "bubble" of just the two of them, making all the decisions etc.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

December 26th, 2008, 8:26 pm #10

The photo of me and Andrea was taken after I was in the National Tour but before I did the Broadway production. I was 11 years old and still very tiny, which is why I was able to be in the show a second time.

Julie