Question re: Annie Christmas Show (1977)

Question re: Annie Christmas Show (1977)

Js Mom
Js Mom

July 6th, 2008, 3:21 pm #1

I just watched a copy of the Annie Christmas Show, from 1977! I noticed there were two extra orphans in it. I assume they were the swing orphans. I recognized Kathy Jo Kelly as one, but who was the other girl?

old fan
old fan

July 6th, 2008, 4:25 pm #2

I took a quick look at the clips on this site and there just seemed to be 6 girls in Smile & HKL, including KJK...I did watch that special WAY back, and I think maybe Janine Ruane reprised her role, and maybe Kim Fedena was there too...not very helpful, but just a thought who they might be..

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 6th, 2008, 5:47 pm #3

I just watched a copy of the Annie Christmas Show, from 1977! I noticed there were two extra orphans in it. I assume they were the swing orphans. I recognized Kathy Jo Kelly as one, but who was the other girl?
Yes, in some of the group numbers (like "It's Christmas"), there are two extra orphans. Janine Ruane and Kim Fedena were included in those numbers. Kim was the Swing orphan at the time and, even though Kathy Jo Kelly replaced Janine Ruane, I guess she was asked to participate.

Julie

Js Mom
Js Mom

July 6th, 2008, 5:47 pm #4

I took a quick look at the clips on this site and there just seemed to be 6 girls in Smile & HKL, including KJK...I did watch that special WAY back, and I think maybe Janine Ruane reprised her role, and maybe Kim Fedena was there too...not very helpful, but just a thought who they might be..
Yeah, unfortunately I can't download the scenes I was referring to! I didn't realize there were clips on this site. Anyway, I thought I'd throw that question out there for someone who might also have a full copy of that TV show! The extra girls appear in random scenes. But, thanks anyway for responding! The name you gave just might be the one!

old fan
old fan

July 6th, 2008, 6:34 pm #5

Yes, in some of the group numbers (like "It's Christmas"), there are two extra orphans. Janine Ruane and Kim Fedena were included in those numbers. Kim was the Swing orphan at the time and, even though Kathy Jo Kelly replaced Janine Ruane, I guess she was asked to participate.

Julie
..and it's been QUITE a while, lol, was the part where the girls all said individually "Please Mr Nederlander ?" (Did he own the Alvin then ?) I think it was about having Christmas off or something, and it stuck in my mind that Janine was there, and I know I remember Kim somehow...I would like to see that entire show again, for fun !