guynyc
guynyc

January 10th, 2009, 8:24 pm #11

That interview was on the morning of January 3, 1983, right after Annie closed on Broadway the previous day. David Hartman was talking to all 5 Broadway Annies. About Andrea and Shelley, Sarah said "I was an Orphan when they were both Annie" and said that she would be proud to know she "picked up things from both their performances." It is possible that her term as an Orphan simultaneous with Andrea's being Annie prior to the change to Shelley may have been rather short-lived.
is there a video of that interview anywhere?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

January 11th, 2009, 12:33 am #12

Yes, I'll post it on the new site. Please remind me, if I forget to add it.

Julie

guynyc
guynyc

January 11th, 2009, 2:13 am #13

wow, you're amazing

Tony
Tony

January 11th, 2009, 5:13 am #14

As far as I know, Sarah never did the show with Andrea. I think she probably watched the show with Andrea as Annie and came in during the transition to Shelley Bruce. This is the only photo I could find with overlapping casts from the original orphans and Sarah Jessica.

Julie
I'm sorry, i just can't stop looking at Diana's Eyes lol. And You can definitely tell that the original girls were getting too large for their parts.

Guy Smiley
Guy Smiley

January 11th, 2009, 9:52 pm #15

I never noticed that before. Scary eyes.

And yes, that picture always cracks me up due to the fact they all look too old (sans Sara Jessica) for their roles. Danielle looks oddly monstrous, like a mutant Molly

Oh, watch the Tony performance of Never Fully Dressed and watch Diana's facial expressions. Very odd! lol

Claire
Claire

January 11th, 2009, 10:00 pm #16

I think Danielle still looks like a good Molly in that picture. They've had girls play Molly who's ages ranged from 6 to 11, so she definitely doesn't look out of place.

old fan
old fan

January 11th, 2009, 10:07 pm #17

I'm sorry, i just can't stop looking at Diana's Eyes lol. And You can definitely tell that the original girls were getting too large for their parts.
I think Diana just has make-up on, as it is obviously a posed photo. To me, only Robyn and Donna look a bit old for the roles, and I think they, plus Diana and Danielle, soon left the show. In Archie Bunker's Place, after Annie, Danielle still looked like a little girl.

PS Hi, Guy !

Jennifer
Jennifer

January 12th, 2009, 1:55 pm #18

As far as I know, Sarah never did the show with Andrea. I think she probably watched the show with Andrea as Annie and came in during the transition to Shelley Bruce. This is the only photo I could find with overlapping casts from the original orphans and Sarah Jessica.

Julie
But I thought Sarah replaced Kathy-Jo, who left a few months before Shelley became Annie (because Kathy-Jo became Annie in the first national). So wouldn't that mean Sarah went on as an orphan before Shelley became Annie? If not, who replaced Kathy-Jo before Sarah became July?

old fan
old fan

January 12th, 2009, 4:35 pm #19

...and I think Shelley took over the role before that date ( around when Kathy-Jo left) so while KJK worked with both Andrea and Shelley, I really don't think SJP officially did. Kim Fedena took over an orphan role too. There were a lot of orphan spots to fill when KJK, Danielle, Diana, Donna, Robyn, AND Andrea left ! I think Randall Brooks, Jenn Thompson, Karen Schlieffer, Penny Chaney and Jeninne Babo, along with SJP and Kim , were the "second" group of Broadway orphans. Some seemed to stay a short time, others, like Jeninne, a LONG time !