pop songs

pop songs

singerlady
singerlady

November 29th, 2008, 11:45 pm #1

I need some more songs that i can use for auditions. i have ten gazillion Broadway songs but when i need a pop song for an audition, i never have one. I am an alto so keep that in mind and i love to belt so any suggestions? please let me know, thanks!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

November 30th, 2008, 7:24 am #2

My suggestion is to find pop singers that you like and sing those songs. There are also great older singers/groups, like Heart, Stevie Nicks, Chaka Khan, Tina Marie, Lisa Stansfield, Melissa Manchester, and Bonnie Raitt.

singerlady
singerlady

November 30th, 2008, 12:42 pm #3

i will check those out!

sks
sks

December 1st, 2008, 11:48 am #4

I need some more songs that i can use for auditions. i have ten gazillion Broadway songs but when i need a pop song for an audition, i never have one. I am an alto so keep that in mind and i love to belt so any suggestions? please let me know, thanks!
Voice teacher wants ten year old to pick out a few pop songs. She loves broadway show tunes but the voice teacher wants her introduced to other types of music (which is good). Any specific songs that anyone would recommend (she is alto and also likes to belt).

Suzanne
Suzanne

December 1st, 2008, 3:32 pm #5

What about something like "The Boy From New York City"? That is a fun older song to sing. I'm not sure if a lot of people still sing it or not, but it is the first thing that came to mind. I will let ya know if I think of anything else.

Suzanne

Natalie
Natalie

December 1st, 2008, 9:03 pm #6

What kind of pop songs is she looking for? When I was about 12 I sang You Were Meant For Me by Jewel for a recital. I thought it was a great song for emotion.