Playbill.com review of the 30th anniversary album

Playbill.com review of the 30th anniversary album

Elin
Elin

June 22nd, 2008, 1:40 pm #1

This new Annie is pretty good, and well recorded. What stands out, though, and perhaps unexpectedly, is the Daddy Warbucks of John Conrad Schuck.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/118835.html

old fan
old fan

June 22nd, 2008, 2:29 pm #2

I have only listened to the clips, but I enjoyed reading this review. I have always been a fan of C. John Schuck, yes, even way back on MacMillan & Wife when I was a kid ! I saw both Schuck and Shelton play Warbucks on Broadway and they are/were both so talented, although different, as the review points out. Thanks for the link.

RLS
RLS

June 22nd, 2008, 7:13 pm #3

What did they mean by this comment???

~~~~~~~~~~~
The songs are sung by an assortment of Annie-alumni of note, with Presnell recreating his role and a trio of one-time Hannigans — Sally Struthers, Kathie Lee Gifford and Ms. Robertson (but not Nell Carter!)
~~~~~~~~~~~

The way I read this they areaying that all the former Hannigans were invited back except for Nell... Almost like they forot that she, um, she died over 5 years ago....

Maybe I just read that differently than they intended it? Did anyone else read it that way? Please feel free to interject if you think I just mis-read... I am not feeling all that well today and everything was running all together when I tried to read that review, but that line just stood out to me.

June 22nd, 2008, 7:21 pm #4

Either waht you understood or as a reminder that everybody's supposed to know that Nell is dead.

old fan
old fan

June 22nd, 2008, 7:23 pm #5

What did they mean by this comment???

~~~~~~~~~~~
The songs are sung by an assortment of Annie-alumni of note, with Presnell recreating his role and a trio of one-time Hannigans — Sally Struthers, Kathie Lee Gifford and Ms. Robertson (but not Nell Carter!)
~~~~~~~~~~~

The way I read this they areaying that all the former Hannigans were invited back except for Nell... Almost like they forot that she, um, she died over 5 years ago....

Maybe I just read that differently than they intended it? Did anyone else read it that way? Please feel free to interject if you think I just mis-read... I am not feeling all that well today and everything was running all together when I tried to read that review, but that line just stood out to me.
...if I was missing some 'joke' about Nell ?? But it seemed to be a "history" or comparison of the OBC album , and other post-OBC productions etc. I also thought they might have mentioned Andrea's new contributions more...
But for me, who has not listened to the full CDs yet, it was a good review.