Photo of this years entire cast in costume

Photo of this years entire cast in costume

Meghan
Meghan

January 7th, 2009, 7:24 am #1

I hadnt seen this picture but it was just included in an email sent to me advertising the show and I thought you guys might want to see it too. Its fun to see everyone.

NJ
NJ

January 7th, 2009, 1:16 pm #2

Boy, I wish they had that set when we saw it in NJ!!!

Guy Smiley
Guy Smiley

January 7th, 2009, 3:57 pm #3

What DID they use? LOL

The girl in the yellow dress looks too old to play an orphan. Or, is it the way she is sitting that gives the illusion of being "too mature"?

Based on that picture, Tianna doesn't look like she outgrew the part. If anything, a few of the girls playing orphans look too old.

NJ
NJ

January 7th, 2009, 4:11 pm #4

Ha! Mostly used curtains...some props...very simple. I understand that it all depends on theater size, etc...but, having no staircase for Annie to make her grand enterance, we were robbed!!!

sks
sks

January 7th, 2009, 4:20 pm #5

What DID they use? LOL

The girl in the yellow dress looks too old to play an orphan. Or, is it the way she is sitting that gives the illusion of being "too mature"?

Based on that picture, Tianna doesn't look like she outgrew the part. If anything, a few of the girls playing orphans look too old.
The girl in the yellow dress- if it's the character I'm thinking as Tessie- is only a youngsters. It has been talked about here about different characteristics that Martin looks for in the various orphans and usually Tessie is the orphan that hasn't lost much of her baby fat yet.

anon
anon

January 7th, 2009, 4:44 pm #6

Looks to me like the girl in the yellow dress is July (or maybe the swing), since it's obvious that none of the other girls pictured are July.

In other pictures that are out there, Dominique- the girl who plays July, does seem taller and more mature so that would make sense.

sks
sks

January 7th, 2009, 7:23 pm #7

The girl in the yellow dress- if it's the character I'm thinking as Tessie- is only a youngsters. It has been talked about here about different characteristics that Martin looks for in the various orphans and usually Tessie is the orphan that hasn't lost much of her baby fat yet.
The yellow dress is July- the orange dress is Tessie. As discussed on this forum before, some of the girls seem older than the past casts. However, they are all very talented!!!

January 7th, 2009, 9:54 pm #8

What DID they use? LOL

I believe she is the tallest orphan, but she doesn't look all that old when she's standing up. I think it's more her posture in that photo that makes her look older than she is.

ALannie fan
ALannie fan

January 8th, 2009, 4:52 am #9

What DID they use? LOL

My daughter, niece, and I met all of the orphans after their performance in AL on December 15th. The orphan in the yellow dress is the tallest of this tour's orphans, and she is sitting next to the smallest two orphans. This is a VERY talented group of orphans. I saw Annie in January 2008 (last year's tour), and in my opinion, this group of orphans blew away last year's group. Their energy and singing was incredible. Tianna's singing voice is wonderful and doesn't disappoint!

Big Annie Fan
Big Annie Fan

January 8th, 2009, 2:14 pm #10

How can anyone say one group blew away another group. I find them all to be very talented. I have seen two groups of orphans on tour and will be seeing this tour later in the year. I think they all are very good and that is my opinion. The show is amazing and well written so it works! They can even change it up and it still works and that is why we all love Annie and I am assuming here, but return to this site to discuss it.