CindyS
CindyS

July 25th, 2008, 2:06 pm #11

nmi

Mark
Mark

July 25th, 2008, 7:37 pm #12

This week's People magazine reports that Sarah Jessica Parker got the mole on her face removed. I wonder if that's true?

There's also a nice review of Bill Berloni's new book, "Broadway Tails."

Another article I found interesting is one with Melissa Gilbert who is playing Ma in a new "Little House On The Prairie MUSICAL opening in Minneapolis on July 26th. Anyone in that area? I'd be curious to know if Melissa can sing.

Julie
Can we please have an ORIGINAL musical based on ORIGINAL material please?

Mark

Denver
Denver

July 25th, 2008, 8:20 pm #13

This week's People magazine reports that Sarah Jessica Parker got the mole on her face removed. I wonder if that's true?

There's also a nice review of Bill Berloni's new book, "Broadway Tails."

Another article I found interesting is one with Melissa Gilbert who is playing Ma in a new "Little House On The Prairie MUSICAL opening in Minneapolis on July 26th. Anyone in that area? I'd be curious to know if Melissa can sing.

Julie
Found this AP article regarding Little House in our paper today, here is the link for those interested. Sounds like it is doing well.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/ ... TE=DEFAULT

Cecile (France)
Cecile (France)

July 25th, 2008, 10:41 pm #14

THERE ARE NO KID ROLES IN THE MUSICAL LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE. IT IS ABOUT HER OLDER YEARS. AGENT ACTUALLY TRIED TO GET DD AN APPOINTMENT A LONG TIME AGO AND WAS TOLD THEY WEREN'T GOING TO PUT CHILDREN IN THE SHOW.
I went to the official website and briefly looked through the casting video and the cast list and even though Laura and Mary are supposed to be teenagers and are played by adults, the girl playing Carrie looks about 12 years old, her name is Maeve Moynihan.
There is also kids in the ensemble, probably playing Laura's classmates or students when she first teaches: Tori Adams, Lexy Armour, Kurt Engh, Prince Michael Okolie, Amy Schroeder plus two other boys, couldn't really tell if they were teens or adults.

old fan
old fan

July 25th, 2008, 10:52 pm #15

...that also means that the show covers Laura's early adulthood , since she started teaching school at 16 (I think),, There was also a younger sister, Grace. And later, Laura had a baby girl, Rose. Potential for a lot of kids ! And an interesting plot- I thought it was about her older years as a writer etc. Cecile, did you ever read these books ? They probably aren't too common in France...thanks for the info.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 26th, 2008, 12:44 am #16

I went to the official website and briefly looked through the casting video and the cast list and even though Laura and Mary are supposed to be teenagers and are played by adults, the girl playing Carrie looks about 12 years old, her name is Maeve Moynihan.
There is also kids in the ensemble, probably playing Laura's classmates or students when she first teaches: Tori Adams, Lexy Armour, Kurt Engh, Prince Michael Okolie, Amy Schroeder plus two other boys, couldn't really tell if they were teens or adults.
Okay your right, but they are local kids. The one playing Laura is supposed to be older than 18, but I will have my friend check again. It open tomorrow. Sorry about that.

Anon
Anon

July 26th, 2008, 12:53 am #17

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

July 26th, 2008, 12:59 am #18

Wow, I really want to see it!

Julie

boxwoodgirl
boxwoodgirl

July 26th, 2008, 3:45 am #19

If anyone goes, please post a review! I see Jenn Gambatese is in it. She is wonderful. I saw her in Hairspray and she stole the show.

Cecile (France)
Cecile (France)

July 26th, 2008, 9:22 pm #20

...that also means that the show covers Laura's early adulthood , since she started teaching school at 16 (I think),, There was also a younger sister, Grace. And later, Laura had a baby girl, Rose. Potential for a lot of kids ! And an interesting plot- I thought it was about her older years as a writer etc. Cecile, did you ever read these books ? They probably aren't too common in France...thanks for the info.
I read them (in French) when I was a teen, they're still at my parents' house.