OT - Spring Awakening

Jenn
Jenn

September 30th, 2008, 9:15 pm #1

Just looking for some advice about Spring Awakening from those of you who have seen it. Do you think it's a show a group of middle age adults would enjoy, or is it geared more to the late teeenage, early twenty something crowd? Thank you ahead of time for your input!

Dina
Dina

September 30th, 2008, 10:28 pm #2

I have seen it twice on B'Way and can assure you it is for any age...20-somethings would like it for sure, but I am 40 and I can honestly say it is one of the best shows I have ever seen. It is a show that people can relate to--because we were all once young and struggling with various adolescent issues..or we know people who have. You will love it, I promise!! The music is totally incredible.

Dina

Jenn
Jenn

September 30th, 2008, 10:49 pm #3

Thank you Dina. I'm 40 too and love the music from the soundtrack. However, when I look up reviews, they all say the show is wonderful but not to see it with your parents. I didn't want for us to go and be the little old ladies in the audience. Thanks for helping us with our decision. Can't wait to see it!

Elin
Elin

September 30th, 2008, 11:39 pm #4

Many "kids" (teenagers/young adults) will find it awkward/embarrassing watching the show together with their parents because of the sexual content.

Doesn't mean there aren't "older folks" in the audience.

I'm 33 and will be seeing SA in Sweden in 5 weeks.

french_girl
french_girl

October 1st, 2008, 9:46 pm #5

Just looking for some advice about Spring Awakening from those of you who have seen it. Do you think it's a show a group of middle age adults would enjoy, or is it geared more to the late teeenage, early twenty something crowd? Thank you ahead of time for your input!
yeah you should go, my mum saw it and she's not 20 lol, she loved it, said it was a great show!