OT: Show info?

OT: Show info?

RLS
RLS

August 25th, 2008, 5:20 am #1

I'm just wondering, have any of you seen Stomp? What is it like? Is just music and dancing? I know that it is more than that, but I can't really describe what I mean...

Is there a story line to it? I have no idea how to word what I am asking. I guess, if any of you have seen it, woud you just post a little info on it? I assume that it is okay for kids?

Also, here's another one I just came across, but I don't know if anyone has seen this... The Gazillion Bubble Show? Anyone know about that?

Trying to find something "different" to see the next time we are in the city other than the popular broadway shows...

Thanks

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 25th, 2008, 5:46 am #2

Stomp is amazing and great for kids. They use all kinds of found objects to create incredible sounds, all in synch with each other.

Julie
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RLS
RLS

August 25th, 2008, 5:59 am #3

I've been wanting to see it for a while, but I really know nothing about it other than it seems really cool... Just, wasn't sure if she would like it, though she LOVES that kind of stuff...

Mishee
Mishee

August 26th, 2008, 2:19 am #4

I'm just wondering, have any of you seen Stomp? What is it like? Is just music and dancing? I know that it is more than that, but I can't really describe what I mean...

Is there a story line to it? I have no idea how to word what I am asking. I guess, if any of you have seen it, woud you just post a little info on it? I assume that it is okay for kids?

Also, here's another one I just came across, but I don't know if anyone has seen this... The Gazillion Bubble Show? Anyone know about that?

Trying to find something "different" to see the next time we are in the city other than the popular broadway shows...

Thanks
If you're looking for something different. You might like "Blast!" It's brass and percussion. along with a drill team. They used to be a Drum and Bugle Corps. It's a great show if you like that kind of entertainment. The entire "cast" was incredible. From the range of the trumpet players to the precision of the drill team. A lot of schools took thier bands and marching bands. They use a lot of lighting effects and such. I believe if you google Blast!, they have a website... Good luck.

Meghan
Meghan

August 26th, 2008, 5:34 am #5

i've never seen stomp, but blast is so incredible cool. its so captivating and impressive, i loved it.