OT: ? regarding online picture hosting

RLS
RLS

11:29 PM - May 12, 2008 #1

Hi all...

Sorry, I know this is totally off topic, I just hope that someone out there can answer this question... I guess that I am hoping that since most people here are (or know of) actors who might do this, that someone might now...

Does anyone know of a place that I can load pictures to on the internet that is free and doesn't have a limit of space or # of pictures? I was using picturetrail.com, but didn't realize that it was very llimited as to the space that I can keep pictures in for free before having to pay $20/year to keep unlimited amount of pics there...

Also, as this would be for my Girl Scout troop, I would like the ability to password protect the albums like you can do on picturetrail...

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

12:33 AM - May 13, 2008 #2

There are so many - snapfish, kodak, photobucket, etc...You could also create a small website through .mac or most Internet providers. Whomever you use to get online probably offers you some free web space. Lots of people use godaddy.com to host and build websites.

Julie

RLS
RLS

12:50 AM - May 13, 2008 #3

Thanks Julie...

Do you happen to know if you can password protect them or restrict them so they can only be seen by certain people?

Thanks

Noel
Noel

12:55 AM - May 13, 2008 #4

You can password protect Photobucket. I purchased domain names and built websites for my God Son and Daughter and I have a photobucket account for each and they are both password protected.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

12:57 PM - May 13, 2008 #5

blogspot.com lets you make your blog public or private and would even let members of your troop contribute (if they're old enough). I think typepad.com is about the same. I've considered doing this for my troop in order to eliminate having to send home notes all the time.

RLS
RLS

3:36 PM - May 13, 2008 #6

Hi there,
Yes, we actually already have a blog through there that I made private, but I haven't really found a way to make a photo album or anything on there. I had a link to my albums on picturetrail that I made private, but I didn't realize that you had to pay to store more than the 25 I have on there. Oh well, I'm, looking into photobucket (i think that is what it's called).

Thanks!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

5:48 PM - May 13, 2008 #7

Hi all...

Sorry, I know this is totally off topic, I just hope that someone out there can answer this question... I guess that I am hoping that since most people here are (or know of) actors who might do this, that someone might now...

Does anyone know of a place that I can load pictures to on the internet that is free and doesn't have a limit of space or # of pictures? I was using picturetrail.com, but didn't realize that it was very llimited as to the space that I can keep pictures in for free before having to pay $20/year to keep unlimited amount of pics there...

Also, as this would be for my Girl Scout troop, I would like the ability to password protect the albums like you can do on picturetrail...

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Check out "flikr." A gal I know uses it to host the gallery her online scrapbook store. I believe it is free to anyone who joins and you can choose to make your photos public or private. I know that you can add 100 mb a month at no cost. The mb's don't roll over from month to month, but if you hit your limit this month, you can still add more without a fee the next month.

Here's the link (hope it works):
http://www.flickr.com/

HTH!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

5:51 PM - May 13, 2008 #8

This site may have some ideas for you too. You may already be familiar with the site, but I'm posting it here just in case!

http://www.scoutingweb.com