OT- Orphan Train

mom of 6
mom of 6

April 4th, 2008, 2:51 pm #1

Sorry this is way off topic but Hannah is in this new production called Orphan Train. Has anyone ever heard of it? It is pretty dark but such a beautiful story. She plays an angel, and how they are portrayed through light and dance, is just beautiful. It's based on a true part of history that I never knew about. Anyways, here's a clip of the rehearsal if anyone interested. I just thought it was a cool new up and coming show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dPpsJVOMQLU

old fan
old fan

April 4th, 2008, 3:22 pm #2

I read a book called Orphan Train about this sad subject years ago....I think I spotted Hannah- was that her seated beside a younger girl with blond crimped hair, pink T shirt ? Looks like an unique show, and a chance to learn some history too ! Hope she enjoys it.

mom of 6
mom of 6

April 4th, 2008, 3:52 pm #3

Yep, she's at 00:38, lol. that's her best friend in the pink next to her.
This is only community theatre, but the people are extremely talented and the director is so amazing!, (Lynn Wylde) She also works at The Purple Rose Theatre 5 miles away where Orphan Train premiered professionally(owned and operated by Jeff Daniels) My kids have done 8 shows at this theatre and it's in my backyard! So it's more like family!

mom of 6
mom of 6

April 4th, 2008, 3:55 pm #4

oh, and that "younger girl" is actually 13, lol. She's sooooo tiny but an amazing gymnast.

amommm
amommm

April 4th, 2008, 7:10 pm #5

Sorry this is way off topic but Hannah is in this new production called Orphan Train. Has anyone ever heard of it? It is pretty dark but such a beautiful story. She plays an angel, and how they are portrayed through light and dance, is just beautiful. It's based on a true part of history that I never knew about. Anyways, here's a clip of the rehearsal if anyone interested. I just thought it was a cool new up and coming show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dPpsJVOMQLU

I could be mistaken but wasn't that show at York Theater in NYC a few years back???

mom of 6
mom of 6

April 4th, 2008, 7:29 pm #6

I'm not sure, but that would be so cool if it was. We met the play write the other day and it was so cool how he was inspired, so I hope it does well.