OT- Need your help... Vote for KELLY D.!!

OT- Need your help... Vote for KELLY D.!!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 22nd, 2008, 4:34 pm #1

Hello,
I am a frequent reader of this forum, so I feel like I kinda know you all in a way... so I thought I could maybe count on your help and votes for a contest that my DD has entered.

For the contest she had to learn a portion of the choreography from the Broadway Musical "Mary Poppins", video tape herself doing it and then enter her video online. She went the extra mile and added some of her own choreography and props etc. and put together a really clever and funny video to enter. Going to NYC has been a huge dream of hers, so I hope you will help her get there.

By all means, if you think some of the other videos are better, you should vote for your favorite, BUT... we would very much appreciate any and all votes we can get!! The voting is open thru Aug. 31st! You can vote one time per email address...and possibly once per day per email(the instructions aren't very clear). I will let you know tomorrow if you can vote once a day. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Here's the link, scroll down and vote for entry Kelly D.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/poppins.cfm

KellyTx
KellyTx

August 22nd, 2008, 5:42 pm #2

She is very talented!! So much personality and creativity in her entry! I loved it.

I was surprised by some of the other entries, however. Some had nothing to do with the contest. I was glad to see that your daughter has some real talent! I wish her well!

tonya
tonya

August 22nd, 2008, 7:58 pm #3

Hello,
I am a frequent reader of this forum, so I feel like I kinda know you all in a way... so I thought I could maybe count on your help and votes for a contest that my DD has entered.

For the contest she had to learn a portion of the choreography from the Broadway Musical "Mary Poppins", video tape herself doing it and then enter her video online. She went the extra mile and added some of her own choreography and props etc. and put together a really clever and funny video to enter. Going to NYC has been a huge dream of hers, so I hope you will help her get there.

By all means, if you think some of the other videos are better, you should vote for your favorite, BUT... we would very much appreciate any and all votes we can get!! The voting is open thru Aug. 31st! You can vote one time per email address...and possibly once per day per email(the instructions aren't very clear). I will let you know tomorrow if you can vote once a day. Thanks in advance for your help!!

she did a fantastic job! Loved the bloopers!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 22nd, 2008, 10:29 pm #4

Thank you both soooo much! We certainly appreciate it! We'll keep you posted!

old fan
old fan

August 22nd, 2008, 10:55 pm #5

Hello,

Kelly was really good, very poised and precise in her choreography. Real personality came though. I could tell she had fun ! Good luck

Noel
Noel

August 23rd, 2008, 12:28 am #6

Hello,

I watched her and she was GREAT! I clicked where it said vote so I did but I got taken to another page that just had her embedded video bigger. So I went back and read the other page again again and clicked on it again and I got the same page but it said no duplicate votes you already voted. My question is I didn't ever enter my email address anywhere. Did I vote or not? I want to make sure I did but I didn't really do anything that seemed like I voted. Help?

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 23rd, 2008, 2:11 am #7

I think that is all you do, but it is kinda weird. We did the same thing and got the message that said that we had already voted. There isn't really any directions explaining how to vote or how often you can vote. It may just be one vote per computer... we're not really sure... but I appreciate the effort and your vote!! We'll post again tomorrow if it seems like you can vote once a day! Thanks everyone!!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 23rd, 2008, 2:15 am #8

Kelly was really good, very poised and precise in her choreography. Real personality came though. I could tell she had fun ! Good luck
Yes, she had a great time. Lots of laughs... she definately loves the "spotlight"!

Noel
Noel

August 23rd, 2008, 3:56 am #9

I think that is all you do, but it is kinda weird. We did the same thing and got the message that said that we had already voted. There isn't really any directions explaining how to vote or how often you can vote. It may just be one vote per computer... we're not really sure... but I appreciate the effort and your vote!! We'll post again tomorrow if it seems like you can vote once a day! Thanks everyone!!
I think you can vote again as long as you clear your cache of your Temporary Internet Files.

After I posted my question I turned my Computer off and went and did errands. I came back here tonight and read your reply and then went to look at the page again and clicked on her name again and it didn't say you already voted so I think it doesn't know you have already voted if you've gotten rid of Broadway World.com cookie in your Temporary Internet Files...at least that is the way it appears to work to me.

August 23rd, 2008, 8:40 am #10

I watched her and she was GREAT! I clicked where it said vote so I did but I got taken to another page that just had her embedded video bigger. So I went back and read the other page again again and clicked on it again and I got the same page but it said no duplicate votes you already voted. My question is I didn't ever enter my email address anywhere. Did I vote or not? I want to make sure I did but I didn't really do anything that seemed like I voted. Help?
It seems like I can vote for as many contestants and as many times as I want, which makes me wonder if I'm even voting at all...