OT- My little man is here!

OT- My little man is here!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

October 6th, 2008, 1:04 pm #1

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let my pals here know that my son, Travis Chip, was born just over a week ago on Sept. 26.

He is a big boy - 9 pounds, 9.4 ounces at birth. I know a lot of people have had a lot bigger babies, but I'm not that big of a person. As a result, the birth was a little bit difficult, and he now has a condition know as Erbs Palsey. Basically, his right arm was paralyzed. He's starting to move it now though by gripping, and his physical therapy starts this week. We're very optimistic that he will get full use of his arm without any long-term ramifications or any need for surgery. We'd appreciate any prayers on his behalf though.

I'm attempting to attach some photos.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

October 6th, 2008, 1:07 pm #2

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

October 6th, 2008, 1:32 pm #3

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let my pals here know that my son, Travis Chip, was born just over a week ago on Sept. 26.

He is a big boy - 9 pounds, 9.4 ounces at birth. I know a lot of people have had a lot bigger babies, but I'm not that big of a person. As a result, the birth was a little bit difficult, and he now has a condition know as Erbs Palsey. Basically, his right arm was paralyzed. He's starting to move it now though by gripping, and his physical therapy starts this week. We're very optimistic that he will get full use of his arm without any long-term ramifications or any need for surgery. We'd appreciate any prayers on his behalf though.

ARG! There are some on my blog: www.scrapperdays.blogspot.com. I'll figure out photobucket another day ...

old fan
old fan

October 6th, 2008, 1:39 pm #4

Wow, that's great news that Travis is finally here ! I hope you are doing well after a difficult birth. There is SO much that can be done for Erb's Palsy and I know you will do everything you can. You are all definitely in my thoughts...I will check out those photos a bit later, but I bet he's a beautiful baby ! The girls must be excited. Take care, Julie.

old fan
old fan

October 6th, 2008, 1:58 pm #5

I checked out the photos on your site( which is cool !) What a beautiful family. Julie, you are one pretty lady, complete with headband and earrings after giving birth to that big boy, who is SO cute !
He has a lot of hair, a handsome face, and I can tell you're gonna have fun with those sweet little boy outfits. Enjoy him !

Kris
Kris

October 6th, 2008, 2:08 pm #6

He's just precious!!! Your whole family is beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about his Palsy but you are right to be very optimistic about it! Two of my friends had babies with it and they are both doing great and have full function! My best friend had a little girl who is 8 now and she weighed 11 LBS 13 OZ!!!!! My biggest was 6 LBS 10 OZ and I had a heck of a time getting her out LOL! Congrats to your whole family!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

October 6th, 2008, 5:28 pm #7

Congrats, Julie. He is adorable. I'm sure the girls are eager to help you with him. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Julie

October 6th, 2008, 9:23 pm #8

What a sweet little face he has. And he looks so relaxed!
Have fun with your little guy and I hope his arm gets well soon.

Suzanne
Suzanne

October 6th, 2008, 10:04 pm #9

Yes, congrats! What an beautiful baby.

Suzanne

Dina
Dina

October 7th, 2008, 12:20 am #10

CONGRATS, my friend! Sooo happy for you!!!!!

xo, Dina