Sally
Sally

October 7th, 2008, 5:35 am #11

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family!!!

Noel
Noel

October 7th, 2008, 6:40 am #12

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let my pals here know that my son, Travis Chip, was born just over a week ago on Sept. 26.

He is a big boy - 9 pounds, 9.4 ounces at birth. I know a lot of people have had a lot bigger babies, but I'm not that big of a person. As a result, the birth was a little bit difficult, and he now has a condition know as Erbs Palsey. Basically, his right arm was paralyzed. He's starting to move it now though by gripping, and his physical therapy starts this week. We're very optimistic that he will get full use of his arm without any long-term ramifications or any need for surgery. We'd appreciate any prayers on his behalf though.

I'm attempting to attach some photos.
You ALL are so good looking. How did you give birth and look that nice all at the same time? I don't have children of my own but have been in the room (Video Taping) many times and none of the mothers ever looked as good as you I'm impressed!!! They are all adorable Congrats!!!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

October 8th, 2008, 5:45 pm #13

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let my pals here know that my son, Travis Chip, was born just over a week ago on Sept. 26.

He is a big boy - 9 pounds, 9.4 ounces at birth. I know a lot of people have had a lot bigger babies, but I'm not that big of a person. As a result, the birth was a little bit difficult, and he now has a condition know as Erbs Palsey. Basically, his right arm was paralyzed. He's starting to move it now though by gripping, and his physical therapy starts this week. We're very optimistic that he will get full use of his arm without any long-term ramifications or any need for surgery. We'd appreciate any prayers on his behalf though.

I'm attempting to attach some photos.
Thanks for all the well wishes and sweet comments! The emails are really appreciated too!

Travis had his first physical therapy appointment today and did very well. He was not thrilled with all the man-handling, but he is showing good response signs already.

Take care everyone, and I'll drop in as often as I can!
Julie

Katarina (Norway)
Katarina (Norway)

October 9th, 2008, 9:53 pm #14

He's such a sweetie!! And your other children are so sweet too! It feels like my little man just came out of my belly, and he's already SO big! He's 2,5 months old now, and he's grown 10cm (almost 4 inches) and gained 2,5 kg (5,5 lbs)!

Good luck with your newest family member, I'm sure his arm will be alright!

Hugs,
Katarina