OT Hairspray

sks
sks

October 3rd, 2008, 8:28 pm #1

Sad news..Hairspray is set to close on Broadway January 18th

Broadway Fan
Broadway Fan

October 3rd, 2008, 10:03 pm #2

I was so sad when I heard this earlier today. I said so many times that I will go see Hairspray on Broadway. Is anyone here from the city? I would love to go see it near the end of its run and would love to meet some of you.

dan
dan

October 4th, 2008, 5:22 am #3

i live in the city and actually have two friends in the current cast...and it does seem like they will be in the show for the rest of it's run

it's sad. it's one great big fun musical...unlike so many clunky shows opening these days.

dan

Natalie
Natalie

October 5th, 2008, 1:53 pm #4

I'm from the city and I really enjoyed Hairspray. I went to see it for my grandma's birthday, and I had no interest in seeing it, but it was absolutely breathtaking. I enjoyed it so much that I refused to see the movie, because I thought it would ruin it. It's so sad that it's closing! Definitely see it if you get the chance.

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

October 6th, 2008, 3:21 am #5

IMO the movie had some great actors in it but Travolta was miscast. He brought the whole movie down. Glad you saw it one stage. The movie doesn't touch it!

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

October 6th, 2008, 12:44 pm #6

Sad news..Hairspray is set to close on Broadway January 18th
Some friends of mine were in NYC last week and caught the show and got to go back stage. They were disappointed that George Wendt was not "fan friendly." They said the hairspray can was something else though.

old fan
old fan

October 6th, 2008, 6:11 pm #7

Was he rude or just "too busy ?"