OT: Daisy Eagan

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

May 12th, 2008, 2:05 am #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc9dQSXb ... re=related

Random posting, I know. But it's rare to see a talented kid perform. And if you look at the choices of videos at the right, click on her acceptance speech at the Tonys. I think she was ten when she won.

old fan
old fan

May 12th, 2008, 4:19 pm #2

Yes, she's terrific. I love the music from Secret Garden, such as The Girl I Mean to Be, which is my favorite.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

May 12th, 2008, 5:06 pm #3

Random posting, I know. But it's rare to see a talented kid perform. And if you look at the choices of videos at the right, click on her acceptance speech at the Tonys. I think she was ten when she won.
I saw this show twice, once in previews and once right before it closed. Daisy did an amazing job in the lead role and it really showed that little girls did not have to sing like Annie to be the lead in a musical.

Julie

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Another Stage Mom
Another Stage Mom

May 12th, 2008, 6:06 pm #4

What is she doing now? She'd be about 28, right?

old fan
old fan

May 12th, 2008, 6:12 pm #5

I saw this show twice, once in previews and once right before it closed. Daisy did an amazing job in the lead role and it really showed that little girls did not have to sing like Annie to be the lead in a musical.

Julie

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
...Lacey Chabert sang some of Mary's songs on Broadway Kids CD that my kids had (she had a lovely voice !) but I like Daisy's interpretation. Thanks for the clip. Great book, too.

old fan
old fan

May 12th, 2008, 6:19 pm #6

What is she doing now? She'd be about 28, right?
...I just googled her, and she is a psychologist now, no longer in sow biz. I didn't realize she played the big sister Hannah in Losing Isaiah, with Jessica Lange. Yes, she is 28.

Jon Merrill
Jon Merrill

May 12th, 2008, 6:25 pm #7

I too saw Daisy Eagan in "A Secret Garden" on Broadway in 1992 and loved the show. I even got to say a word of congratulations to Daisy after the show as she was getting into a taxi.

Several years went by, and I didn't hear of her again until I found out she had done a movie as a teenager called "Ripe." I foolishly rented this movie sight unseen, and after watching it, decided that of all the films I have seen in my life, it was positively the second worst movie (behind "Watership Down") that has ever been done in the history of cinema.

Do NOT be tempted to rent this movie for your Daisy Eagan fan kids to see. It is NOTHING but two runaway teenage girls involved nonstop in drugs, alcohol, smoking, sex, rape, suicide, and murder. The words "no redeeming qualities whatsoever" could definitely be applied to "Ripe."

Rent "The Sound of Music" instead.

kris
kris

May 13th, 2008, 1:16 am #8

...I just googled her, and she is a psychologist now, no longer in sow biz. I didn't realize she played the big sister Hannah in Losing Isaiah, with Jessica Lange. Yes, she is 28.
She was still in the biz. She was my kids' acting coach's assistant in LA. Three years ago she and my daughter were booked to do a show together, but it lost its funding. I know she did a production of The Wild Party in LA. And if you look on IMDB, she is doing the occasional guest star spot on TV shows thru 2007.

Anyone
Anyone

May 13th, 2008, 2:51 am #9

A few years ago (I forget how many- maybe 7 or so??), Daisy was in a reality t.v. show on Bravo called "The It Factor". It was about 12 struggling actors in NYC trying to make it and followed all of them around to things like auditions, singing/acting lessons, their day jobs, etc. I really felt badly for her in that she was so successful so early but then really could not get very much as an adult. I remember she went for a cookie commercial to be aired in Japan and there were like 200 people at the audition and even she commented on how she can not even get a cookie commercial!!

A sidenote: Godfried was on that series as well and booked his 7-Up gig during the taping. He became the spokesman for 7-Up for a while which was majorly lucrative.

The show was soooo interesting. They showed one actor who was finishing up a 3 or 4 year Masters program studying the craft of thespianship (is that a word?) so intensely and seriously and then um going for a paint commercial and working at Subway during the day.

It made me realize I am soooo glad I do not to have to deal with the competitiveness and the rejection that are so inherent in the industry. I'd never ever want to be an actor and have to deal with that.

The show in the second season went to L.A. and followed less actors - something like 8 so they could concentrate more on fewer.. but it was a lot less interesting in LA and the actors chosen seemed less interesting and the show never continued beyond the second season. Pity, because it was so fascinating.