OT- church solo

OT- church solo

tonya
tonya

September 17th, 2008, 5:43 am #1

Very OT. . . Allie was asked to sing at church. She will be able to use as backup: 2 acoustic guitars, keyboard, percussion, and backup for harmonies, etc. I can't really think of a song since everything she has prepared is broadway/theatrical. Anyone have any ideas? I thought Kim Ryan may be able to answer this one. Seems I saw footage of the girls singing a Christian song somewhere.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

September 17th, 2008, 7:15 am #2

Does it have to be a spiritual song?

"Let There Be Peace on Earth" is pretty.

Mindy Smith and Ginny Owens are both pop/folk singers who record some fabulous original Christian music.

Julie

Kim Ryan
Kim Ryan

September 17th, 2008, 4:15 pm #3

Very OT. . . Allie was asked to sing at church. She will be able to use as backup: 2 acoustic guitars, keyboard, percussion, and backup for harmonies, etc. I can't really think of a song since everything she has prepared is broadway/theatrical. Anyone have any ideas? I thought Kim Ryan may be able to answer this one. Seems I saw footage of the girls singing a Christian song somewhere.
Molly and Lindsay have often sung "Here I am to Worship" and there is an uptempo version of "Jesus Loves Me" that they like. They love everything by Pure NRG. I think their site is www.purenrgonline.com

All the best!

Kim

Another Stage Mom
Another Stage Mom

September 17th, 2008, 6:33 pm #4

What about "Amazing Grace"? Or is that too overdone?

MAA
MAA

September 18th, 2008, 12:15 am #5

Hi

I dont know how old your daughter is or what type of singer she is, but s girl at my church does an annual solo of "How Beautiful" which I always love. It is a great song, very pretty and definitely appropriate for church!

sks
sks

September 18th, 2008, 12:55 am #6

Do you know where I can find music and words for the "How Beautiful" Thank you in advance!

Noel
Noel

September 18th, 2008, 3:45 am #7

KellyTx
KellyTx

September 18th, 2008, 4:05 am #8

I love the song 'Here I Am Lord'. It's a really pretty song.
Also, a few girls at my church got up one morning and sang a song by a group called the Peasall Sisters. They are the girl group singing in Oh Brother Where Art Thou, I believe. They have some great songs: http://www.peacehall.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPfnjeGNlYE

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

September 19th, 2008, 1:46 am #9

Kelly, that is my favorite also! My five-year-old who can't read the hymnal can sing this song in church because I sang it to her every night for at least the first three years of her life. So glad to see someone else really likes that song

tonya
tonya

September 19th, 2008, 2:39 am #10

Molly and Lindsay have often sung "Here I am to Worship" and there is an uptempo version of "Jesus Loves Me" that they like. They love everything by Pure NRG. I think their site is www.purenrgonline.com

All the best!

Kim
Allie and I have been listening to the PureNRG website all day! We are going to get their CD tomorrow at Lifeway. They are great! I think she is going to sing their version of "More". We will definately be telling our friends about them! Also, is there somewhere I can listen to the version of Jesus Loves Me that you mentioned?