OT Check out this 13 yo boy from Great Britain

Mishee
Mishee

May 21st, 2008, 4:50 am #1

Now that reruns are on, I've been watching a lot of Youtube. I've been keeping up with the British show, "I'd Do Anything," since someone first mentioned here.

I decided to see if Britian's Got Talent had started and came across this clip of an amazing 13 yo boy. He said he wanted to be on the stage so the kids who bully him because he's a choir boy would stop... Anyway here's the link to the clip. It's a great watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LExJ6oN4 ... re=related

Enjoy!
Michelle

old fan
old fan

May 21st, 2008, 3:20 pm #2

I loved him ! Does anyone here remember Aled Jones from Wales years back ? Andrew's voice reminds me of his.(My mom used to play his CDs a lot ) That was so sweet when Simon asked how he dealt with bullying and he said "carry on singing." That takes courage. All the best to him, and thanks for posting, Mishee

old fan
old fan

May 21st, 2008, 3:25 pm #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPl-8HsJ ... re=related

..he is also a great singer as an adult, although a different style. He also has that certain something, like the boy above, Andrew...

Mishee
Mishee

May 21st, 2008, 4:49 pm #4

Seeing that video of Aled as an adult and a child.....I always wondered what happens to these boys with these beautiful soprano voices as adults. What happens to their voices, or do they develop great voices as adults? I had an 8th grade boy a few years ago who was my best soprano all through middle school. Then as a junior and senior his voice changed....He couldn't really sing that well for a couple of years. Thankfully he had just started piano lessons (not as a result) and was able to focus all his musical energy into that. Sometime in college as a music ed major he "found" his voice again. Not quite as great as his soprano voice, but he could at least sing again. He's a successful music teacher now. But his story always made me wonder if it is common to lose that incredible talent due to puberty and age, especially for these boys...
Anyway, thanks for posting that.
Michelle

old fan
old fan

May 21st, 2008, 6:08 pm #5

... I think it is luck of the draw, almost like starting over with a "new" voice. I am not an expert by any means, but I know with Aled, he continued to study voice but considered that he was never as good during the time his voice broke, although he has made up for that since. I saw a documentary where his mom described a Welsh term that Aled had used, meaning "a yearning for what once was" and I think it such a moving expression that I wish we had one in English. We all know that feeling, for example, the grown-up orphans of Annie, or a mother looking back on her child's babyhood etc....