OT Advice-DD has an audition today!!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 26th, 2008, 2:24 pm #1

Keep your fingers crossed today... my daughter has an audition for Amaryllis (The Music Man) this afternoon at the high school that both her brothers go to (and that she'll go to in a couple years)! She is so excited!! She already has all of the lines memorized and has been practicing her singing/personality etc... I'm worried because she has bad allergies right now so she's stuffed up and her throat is bothering her. Should she/I say something? Any advice out there that I can give her before she goes in. This is only about her 3rd or 4th audition ever. EEK! I think I'm more nervous than she is!!

BTW... If you missed the threads below about the Mary Poppins contest and haven't voted yet, go to http://www.broadwayworld.com/poppins.cfm and VOTE for "KELLY D"... or your favorite... the winner gets a trip for two to NYC to see Mary Poppins!

nc girl
nc girl

August 26th, 2008, 6:04 pm #2

Don't mention her being sick--they only look at it as an excuse she is making if she feels she hasn't done her best. They will probably know anyway, so by her being professional and acting as though nothing is wrong will be a big plus for her. Best of luck!

Js Mom
Js Mom

August 27th, 2008, 3:19 pm #3

Keep your fingers crossed today... my daughter has an audition for Amaryllis (The Music Man) this afternoon at the high school that both her brothers go to (and that she'll go to in a couple years)! She is so excited!! She already has all of the lines memorized and has been practicing her singing/personality etc... I'm worried because she has bad allergies right now so she's stuffed up and her throat is bothering her. Should she/I say something? Any advice out there that I can give her before she goes in. This is only about her 3rd or 4th audition ever. EEK! I think I'm more nervous than she is!!

BTW... If you missed the threads below about the Mary Poppins contest and haven't voted yet, go to http://www.broadwayworld.com/poppins.cfm and VOTE for "KELLY D"... or your favorite... the winner gets a trip for two to NYC to see Mary Poppins!
Just wondering how your daughter's audition went, yesterday!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 27th, 2008, 6:36 pm #4

Thanks for asking... she felt much better health-wise and was very happy with her audition. She also got several compliments from some of the high schoolers that were in on the audition (the leads that were reading with the kids), which boosted her confidence even more. We are still wating to hear if she got it or not, but either way, the confidence and belief in herself that she had coming out of the audition was worth it's weight in gold! We hope to find out today... I'll post when I know.

nc girl
nc girl

August 27th, 2008, 9:51 pm #5

That is so good to hear. I love it when the kids come out of an audition feeling good about it. There's nothing worse than seeing a child crying when they feel like they've failed--breaks my heart! Fingers crossed for her!

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 28th, 2008, 4:44 am #6

I too am so glad it was a positive experience for her... I hope she still feels successful even if she doesn't get it! We're still waiting...

Fantastic5
Fantastic5

August 28th, 2008, 3:44 pm #7

WOO HOO!! Just found out that K got the part of Amaryllis in The Music Man at her Brothers' High School (her future High School)!!
We are soooo excited!!!

August 28th, 2008, 5:45 pm #8

nmi

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

August 28th, 2008, 6:45 pm #9

WOO HOO!! Just found out that K got the part of Amaryllis in The Music Man at her Brothers' High School (her future High School)!!
We are soooo excited!!!
All her hard work paid off!! I hope she has a great time!!

nc girl
nc girl

August 28th, 2008, 7:41 pm #10

We are soooo excited!!!
She should be so proud of herself and now she can tell everyone she did it when she was sick!!!! Congratulations!