No Andrea McCardle

merrianne
merrianne

4:15 AM - Jun 04, 2008 #1

Andrea will not be at the CD signing in NYC as previously announced. She has another commitment. That was on the flyer we got today when we went into the city to buy the CD and get the bracelet.

sasha charnin
sasha charnin

2:54 AM - Jun 05, 2008 #2

hello everyone! Andrea was there with bells on. At Virgin Records signing AND after party.

Ned
Ned

3:35 AM - Jun 05, 2008 #3

Would someone who attended the CD signing please provide a full report. Do tell! Thanks.

merrianne
merrianne

10:58 AM - Jun 05, 2008 #4

Andrea will not be at the CD signing in NYC as previously announced. She has another commitment. That was on the flyer we got today when we went into the city to buy the CD and get the bracelet.
Yes, Andrea did make it despite the store's flyer saying she wouldn't. The CD signing started a 1/2 late to accomodate someone's schedule and maybe it was her. When I got there, was excited to see Andrea there. But she was a great dissappointment. She and Kathy Lee Gifford sat there and "gossiped" basically the entire time. Andrea looked miserable and people said they had to basically shove the CD in front of her to sign. Our experience was about the same. She seemed like she didn't want to be there or be bothered. Very dissappointing as they were the end of the line of the table and everyone else were so appreciative and happy for the show of support from the people who showed up to get their CD signed and meet members of the cast. Martin had two little boys on his lap the entire time and they were cute. Even Sandy, the dog was there. Overall nice time with the exception on Andrea who looked seemed very unfriendly.

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

3:13 PM - Jun 05, 2008 #5

Perhaps the two little boys on Martin's lap were his grandsons, Sasha's twin sons?

Julie

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

2:11 AM - Jun 07, 2008 #6

Yes, Andrea did make it despite the store's flyer saying she wouldn't. The CD signing started a 1/2 late to accomodate someone's schedule and maybe it was her. When I got there, was excited to see Andrea there. But she was a great dissappointment. She and Kathy Lee Gifford sat there and "gossiped" basically the entire time. Andrea looked miserable and people said they had to basically shove the CD in front of her to sign. Our experience was about the same. She seemed like she didn't want to be there or be bothered. Very dissappointing as they were the end of the line of the table and everyone else were so appreciative and happy for the show of support from the people who showed up to get their CD signed and meet members of the cast. Martin had two little boys on his lap the entire time and they were cute. Even Sandy, the dog was there. Overall nice time with the exception on Andrea who looked seemed very unfriendly.
A friend who went said the same thing. She thought Andrea just did not want to be there and didn't pay attention to those wanting their CD's signed.

old fan
old fan

3:27 PM - Jun 07, 2008 #7

That's disappointing to hear. She looked "all smiles" in the photos. Maybe she has something personal going on in her life ???

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

9:45 AM - Jun 10, 2008 #8

I don't think it's any big secret that Andrea is not the warmest person in the world, It seems to be common knowledge from her Annie days, when her adult castmates loathed her and made no secret about it. She gave many interviews in which I,as a child thought particularly shocking and innappropriate - I remember clearly her bashing her peers, like Jodie Foster, a very young Tatum O'Neal and Brooke Shields. Not somethin a young girl in the public eye usually does, particualy a star whith presumabaly a publicist roping her in. Then I read the jackie coogan book which makes her out to be a monster. Not that you can believe everything that you read but having seen her on Broodway at the show's peak and having been mesmerized, even obsessed with Andrea, I found it a little depressing that my idol was attacking my other idols at a time when I NEEDED all those idols! (i was 12 so forgive me),

Chris
Chris

5:45 PM - Jun 10, 2008 #9

Wow, MiddleAged. You seem to have quite a memory! I, too, have been following Andrea's career since the beginning and can't remember a single interview in which she badmouthed another performer...especially Brooke Shields and Tatum O'Neal.

As for the Jackie Cooper (not Coogan)book, it is important to consider the source. Cooper's abrasiveness was legendary in Hollywood and his frequent personality conflicts eventually Cled to his removal as MASH television director.

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

5:16 AM - Jun 11, 2008 #10

I was so obsessed with Annie and Andrea, I actually, pathetically, remember almost everything I ever read or saw about her. She talked about how Jodie Foster's choice to play a teenage prostitute in taxi driver was "immoral"and she would never want her name and Jodie'sto be in the same sentence, that Tatum's acting was "wooden and self conscious" and that Linda Blair made boneheaded movie choices. I remember thinking at the time that it was strangely candid for someone in the spotlight. Also, I clearly remember Reid Shelton saying very negative things about her behavior in Annie. I saw Andrea in 1977 and thought she was spectacular in every way. I do believe she was raised as "show biz" kid and was probably very difficult and self centered. But you're right, No on should take Jackie Coogan's word on anything.

-Middleaged