new Annie recording

new Annie recording

anniefan
anniefan

March 14th, 2008, 9:08 pm #1

June 3, 2008

Annie 30th Anniversary Recording
(Time-Life - new on 2 CDs)
Disc one: complete Annie score. Disc two: Songs written for but dropped from Annie, plus those written for subsequent productions (including Annie 2 songs that weren't recycled into Annie Warbucks, with linking narration by Carol Burnett). More details to come. Andrea McArdle, Amanda Balon, Kathryn Zaremba ("It's Christmas"), Carol Burnett (provides commentary), Shelly Burch ("He Doesn't Know I'm Alive"), Conrad John Schuck, Kathie Lee Gifford, Sally Struthers ("How Could I Say No?"), Gary Beach (Lionel). Music director Keith Levenson. Robert Sher, producer.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/sound/upcoming.html

mary
mary

March 14th, 2008, 10:10 pm #2

another delay huh why not make it christmas for crying out loud

Rachel
Rachel

March 16th, 2008, 3:43 pm #3

Hey, we are lucky to be getting such a good collector's item with so many different names from various "Annie" incarnations on it. 99.9% of musicals never get anything like this and with record companies the way they are right now, a lot of shows aren't even getting original cast recordings! I think we should try to stop being negative about this and wait patiently for it to arrive.

Chris
Chris

March 18th, 2008, 3:54 pm #4

another delay huh why not make it christmas for crying out loud
Okay I pulled this website. It doesn't mention any of this on this site. It says no release day set. And the names on the CD - where did you get those? Did you just already know this because they weren't mentioned either.

anniefan
anniefan

March 18th, 2008, 10:25 pm #5

It is listed on that website under June 3 still, with all the names. There is an Annie studio cast recording listed under no release date set. This is the Annie 30th anniversary recording that is coming out in June.