Never Fully Dressed -- MY cast!

Never Fully Dressed -- MY cast!

March 6th, 2008, 12:02 am #1

Hey everyone,

I'm very excited because I finally got clips from my very own production of Annie onto youtube! Here is Never Fully Dressed. These were recorded on VHS in the early 90s, then transferred to DVD, then compressed for uploading, so the quality is not very good and the sound is slightly off. I hope you enjoy it anyway. Our choreography is totally different from what you've seen in tours and so on (no copying, even!).

The theatre had just done A Chorus Line, and had installed footlights in the floor, so they kept them in and turned them on during the kickline at the end of Never Fully Dressed. It was so much fun! And we took ourselves so seriously, stretching at intermission for the high kicks.

I was Kate, the second-smallest with the dark braids. Our Tessie was the choreographer's daughter, and was REALLY good, and many of us thought she should have gotten Annie, but her mom didn't want her cast as Annie because she didn't want people to think she was cast because her mom was involved. Our July had an INCREDIBLE voice, but was sick the day the show was recorded, so her solo isn't great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZWReFfFUsg

I'm in the process of uploading the entire opening scene through the Hard Knock Life reprise, too. I'll post them when they're complete.

(Edited because I just uploaded a somewhat better quality version, so I changed the link.)
Last edited by -Grief- on March 6th, 2008, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 6th, 2008, 12:03 am #2

Last edited by -Grief- on March 6th, 2008, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 6th, 2008, 12:25 am #3

Hey everyone,

I'm very excited because I finally got clips from my very own production of Annie onto youtube! Here is Never Fully Dressed. These were recorded on VHS in the early 90s, then transferred to DVD, then compressed for uploading, so the quality is not very good and the sound is slightly off. I hope you enjoy it anyway. Our choreography is totally different from what you've seen in tours and so on (no copying, even!).

The theatre had just done A Chorus Line, and had installed footlights in the floor, so they kept them in and turned them on during the kickline at the end of Never Fully Dressed. It was so much fun! And we took ourselves so seriously, stretching at intermission for the high kicks.

I was Kate, the second-smallest with the dark braids. Our Tessie was the choreographer's daughter, and was REALLY good, and many of us thought she should have gotten Annie, but her mom didn't want her cast as Annie because she didn't want people to think she was cast because her mom was involved. Our July had an INCREDIBLE voice, but was sick the day the show was recorded, so her solo isn't great.

I'm in the process of uploading the entire opening scene through the Hard Knock Life reprise, too. I'll post them when they're complete.

(Edited because I just uploaded a somewhat better quality version, so I changed the link.)
You guys did a great job, and I thought the choreography was great too! What's with the SnowyOnion name though?

Morgan
Morgan

March 6th, 2008, 12:39 am #4

Looks and sounds very professional! When and where was it? Who was Annie? She had a nice voice. I also love the little Molly. There's something so endearing when Molly is small.

March 6th, 2008, 12:45 am #5

Yes, Molly was a tiny, skinny 8-yr-old, but she also looked even smaller because our Annie was tall - I think around 5'1" actually. We had a lot of small adults in the cast (Grace was 5'2"-ish, Rooster was about 5'5") so it didn't help that Annie was taller than usual. I mentioned in my first post that a lot of people thought Tessie should have been Annie - she was very small and VERY good.

This was a community theatre production in 1991, no mikes, all volunteer including the orchestra and the staff.

Annie was a tall 12-yr-old, and she had a tall 10-yr-old sister who had played Annie earlier, at age 8! The sister wasn't cast in our production, but one day our Annie came down with laryngitis and her sister stepped in and did the role! It was quite exciting. That was the day before I ran offstage just as Never Fully Dressed was starting, and threw up! (I used to get migraines as a kid.) That was an exciting weekend of shows.

Oh, and I'd rather not give Annie's name because she has no idea that I posted this and might not want to be identified!
Last edited by -Grief- on March 6th, 2008, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kelly
Kelly

March 6th, 2008, 1:26 am #6

Did Annie have short hair? i just watched it really fast. Very cute. Was this production in Southern CA. Looks like one I remember from years back. By the way you were to cute as Kate!!

March 6th, 2008, 1:43 am #7

Annie had long braids, her real hair, and it was naturally dark brown so they dyed it a very dark red. She did have the curly wig at the end, though. The production was in northern CA, actually!

And thanks! It's really funny watching myself back then. I was very shy and somewhat awkward with people. If you watch me in the very beginning of Never Fully Dressed, I'm sitting on July's lap. Our July was 16 and very sweet and motherly to me and our Molly. We orphans weren't placed in that scene specifically, but just told to find a place to be in the opening of Never Fully Dressed. Everyone found a spot, and there I was, standing there shyly, not knowing where to go, so July grabbed me and put me on her lap. But I was soooo shy and uncomfortable, I leaned forward during the whole scene and pretended I was just sitting on a chair, and didn't interact with July at all! So funny.

I guess I was typecast since Kate has so few lines...

C
C

March 6th, 2008, 3:10 am #8

Hey everyone,

Hi, Grief! I have a quick question for you about some of your opera stuff. Do you think you might be able to email me? My address is ohlittlemissmuffet at gmail. Thanks!

March 6th, 2008, 2:30 pm #9

I emailed you! When you email back, please also post here on the board so I know to check that email account.

March 6th, 2008, 2:31 pm #10

You guys did a great job, and I thought the choreography was great too! What's with the SnowyOnion name though?
I wanted a name that is in no way related to any of my other online names, in case I want to be distanced from those videos ever.

Snowy was my dog who died this past January at age 17.5, and Onion was part of a nickname I had when I was young (don't ask!).