Need help finding music

annielaurie
annielaurie

October 31st, 2008, 3:16 am #1

I am hoping to purchase some "karaoke" music for a friend of mine for Christmas. Can anyone here direct me to a reputable website that has a nice selection with fair prices. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to find the Annie Warbucks album if it is available - even just a few songs.

The music needs to be professional quality as she records in studios and is taking vocal lessons. I've never purchased this kind of thing before so any information/recommendations would be helpful. I do know she owns professional quality recording equipment and not just the kind of karaoke machine you'd find at Walmart or Target. She then books sessions at recording studios to make recordings and do editing for her.

Thank you everyone!!

cecile
cecile

October 31st, 2008, 4:21 am #2

Try this one: www.doowop.com
They sell thousands of karaoke cds. I think they will even customize a cd with particular songs.

Cecile
Cecile

October 31st, 2008, 4:22 am #3

sorry, just to clarify, I'm not the Cecile from France!

Another Stage Mom
Another Stage Mom

October 31st, 2008, 8:56 pm #4

I am hoping to purchase some "karaoke" music for a friend of mine for Christmas. Can anyone here direct me to a reputable website that has a nice selection with fair prices. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to find the Annie Warbucks album if it is available - even just a few songs.

The music needs to be professional quality as she records in studios and is taking vocal lessons. I've never purchased this kind of thing before so any information/recommendations would be helpful. I do know she owns professional quality recording equipment and not just the kind of karaoke machine you'd find at Walmart or Target. She then books sessions at recording studios to make recordings and do editing for her.

Thank you everyone!!
Try this site -- they specialize in Karaoke. http://www.colonymusic.com/

BroadwayBellesMom
BroadwayBellesMom

November 7th, 2008, 3:15 pm #5

Thanks AnotherStageMom! Great site.. I've been looking for the instrumental of 'Part of Your World' for my daughter and of course found a million and one. For those who are looking, itunes will show you several as well mostly from the old Disney movie and if your looking to go pro, songbooks are your best bet which you can buy on Amazon,etc. these have piano accompinament to practice with (not inexpensive though). But, I've been searching for the Broadway accompinament or karaoke for awhile now. I don't seem to have the ability to click on an icon as there are no icons showing to hear a song from the album, but I really want the song in the key of G for my daughter as Sierra Boggess sings it. I'm assuming this karaoke version is in the key of G. Do you have any idea?

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

November 8th, 2008, 12:02 am #6

If you go to this site, you can change the keys to any song. You just have to know how many steps up or down you would like to move the song from the original key.

http://search.musicnotes.com/?q=part+of ... =n&x=0&y=0

Julie

Liz
Liz

November 8th, 2008, 4:25 am #7

Thank you Julie! I do get most of my daughter's sheet music from musicnotes, but is there a way to purchase the piano accompinament in the right key from this site as well? That's really what I'd like. I know you can listen to it online once you've bought it, but not quite the same. I guess I just need to have her voice instructor record it for her, that's the easiest way. That's why I was looking for the Broadway karaoke. Anyway, best wishes on the tour! I was almost there with you. My daughter made the final cut in Sept. & remembers Tianna. She's very excited for her and is loving this post!!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

November 8th, 2008, 7:42 pm #8

This is my favorite website for background tracks:

http://store1.musicalcreations.com/

You can download the tracks directly to your computer, change keys, order a CD, and even make up your own compilation CD.

Were you wishing me luck on the "Annie" tour in your post? I run this website but I have nothing to do with the NETworks "Annie" tour.

Julie

Liz
Liz

November 9th, 2008, 6:41 am #9

Thanks again for the info. I didn't know you could do all that. And, yes, I was mistaken I guess. I just assumed since your last name was Stevens that you were Tianna's Mom...sorry. Love the site anyway.