Need audition song ideas and monolgues too!

Need audition song ideas and monolgues too!

Kris
Kris

March 27th, 2008, 2:21 pm #1

Hi all. Well I still have not decided if I am going to audition for High School Musical or not but if I do I need some ideas on audition songs and monolgues! I have not done any monolgues for like 20 years...ok that probably just aged me a whole lot LOL...I'm 35!

Songs I used to use:
Take it on the Chin from Me and My Girl
I Could Have Danced All Night
Cabaret
What I Did For Love
Edelweiss
My Favorite Things

They are asking for an upbeat song and a monolgue. Any ideas? I only have a month LOL and I'm a quick study but I'm also a bit rusty! I don't even really know what parts there are for adults. The director asked me to audition and sent me an email yesterday reminding me to! HELP!

lisa
lisa

March 27th, 2008, 6:31 pm #2

My Daughter did a Stage Production and she did Show -Off from Drowsey Chaperone she started it at I dont want to play keys no more and pointed at the piano player and ended on the high note you hold, she did get cast. I thought it was fun . there's this monologue that i always come across but I think its a little advanced for my Daughter its from Funny Girl ( Barbara Striesand) she is Fanny Brice I would try to pick something that reflects a bit of the personality of the characters of the play ( I dont Know Im no pro thats just what I think Im Just a Mom . Good Luck its a fun Show