Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

March 23rd, 2008, 11:11 pm #11

I'm only 5' tall and Emma and I were about the same height, if you watch the video. Most of us "Annie" girls never made it past 5'3" or so, with the exception of a few girls.

Julie

RLS
RLS

March 24th, 2008, 2:48 am #12

She did look tall, though 5' isn't really that tall. I just wonder though, if Baby Louise is (about) 5' tall, how tall is Baby June? Does anyone know? Just curious...

old fan
old fan

March 24th, 2008, 11:12 pm #13

...in the photos on BroadwayWorld, Sami looks to be several inches shorter than Emma, IMO

km
km

March 24th, 2008, 11:38 pm #14

She did look tall, though 5' isn't really that tall. I just wonder though, if Baby Louise is (about) 5' tall, how tall is Baby June? Does anyone know? Just curious...
First I want to thank everyone for their kind remarks re. Emma's performance. She had such a great time at the event and felt very honored to have been able to perform. Thanks again, Julie, for giving her this great opportunity.
Re. heights. Emma's dad and I couldn't get over how tall she looks in those pictures next to all those petite former orphans and Annie's. Emma hovers around 5'1 and Sami is a few inches shorter, although I don't know her exact height. Emma is probably of average height for her age, or maybe even a little short, but as a child actress I guess she's getting tall. Katie Micha, who plays the balloon girl in Gypsy as well as June and Louise's understudy, is closer to Sami's height and she is a few weeks older than Emma.

Julie Smith
Julie Smith

March 24th, 2008, 11:40 pm #15

Here is the video of Emma Rowley singing Tomorrow at the "Life After Tomorrow" event at Barnes & Noble.

Julie

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
This video brought tears to my eyes. You all must have had so much fun. I wish I lived closer so I could have been there to see it.
Take care ...

RLS
RLS

March 25th, 2008, 1:21 am #16

First I want to thank everyone for their kind remarks re. Emma's performance. She had such a great time at the event and felt very honored to have been able to perform. Thanks again, Julie, for giving her this great opportunity.
Re. heights. Emma's dad and I couldn't get over how tall she looks in those pictures next to all those petite former orphans and Annie's. Emma hovers around 5'1 and Sami is a few inches shorter, although I don't know her exact height. Emma is probably of average height for her age, or maybe even a little short, but as a child actress I guess she's getting tall. Katie Micha, who plays the balloon girl in Gypsy as well as June and Louise's understudy, is closer to Sami's height and she is a few weeks older than Emma.
Hi there!

Hope that you know that I wasn't meaning anything negative by what I said... I guess that I should say that I was under the influence of pain meds as I needed to have emergency surgery on Friday due to a severe kidney infection and a kidney full of kidney stones (that I had no cluie I even had until I woke in AGONY on Friday very early in the morning) and I was still a little out of it when I wrote that I think...

Anyhow... Had I thought of it, I would have written that I remembered that Julie said once that she's only 5' or so and I actually didn't think that was very tall. Though you are right as it did make her sem taller against small adults.

She sounded great though. BTW, when does Gypsy close as my daughter and I would like to get down to see it as she was just in it locally... It would be an added bonus to say we "know" her! lol...

ILuvAnnie2
ILuvAnnie2

March 25th, 2008, 1:52 am #17

Boo hoo... I can't see it, it says it's no longer availible...
Would have loved to be there for this! Love the pics/videos.