jessie
jessie

May 18th, 2008, 5:42 am #11

...looks like Molly now just stays in her PJs. Don't know when the patches were added, but they sure weren't in the OBC costumes for Molly. IMO all the costumes have gradually changed somewhat over the years, and not for the better.
Have they changed it over the course of just this tour? Because i saw it during the first year when it was the original cast of girls (with they ryans) and im pretty sure that lindsay wore a dress at one point. i cant remember if she wore it in smile or not, but i know she wore a dress at one point. so all im wondering is, to someone who saw the tour in this last year, did she wear the pajamas for the entire show?

Max=)
Max=)

May 18th, 2008, 8:21 am #12

I get the feeling that the pjs were used both to make Molly look younger and to keep the dress from getting in her face when she did the cartwheel. But that's just what my impression was.
I have never seen the Tour but there are a lot of ways to fix a dress so it won´t get in the way while doing a cartwheel, so I don´t see why they would skip a dress because of that. I´ve done cartwheels and even backflips in many different dresses and it has always worked out fine. It takes a little work on the dress though, maybe they decided they did´nt have the time for that. Wich is really a pity, because a cartwheel in a dress suited for that looks so nice!

Sincerely
Max=)

Katarina (Norway)
Katarina (Norway)

May 18th, 2008, 12:37 pm #13

Have they changed it over the course of just this tour? Because i saw it during the first year when it was the original cast of girls (with they ryans) and im pretty sure that lindsay wore a dress at one point. i cant remember if she wore it in smile or not, but i know she wore a dress at one point. so all im wondering is, to someone who saw the tour in this last year, did she wear the pajamas for the entire show?
I didn't see the show myself, but I checked alot of pics.
She wears the pajamas in the beginning:

Then she wears a dress:

Then in Smile she has the pajamas again:

And in New Deal she has the dress:

I hope that helped a little =)

- Katarina -

old fan
old fan

May 18th, 2008, 12:43 pm #14

Those are great. Well, Marie (above) said on this tour that Molly did have a dress in the 2nd act, but Julie's clip shows she did not....maybe she didn't wear it for the matinees, or on that particular day???? I remember in the clips of Mollys and the shows (tours & Broadway )I saw, Molly would smooth out her dress with her bow to the "audience" in Smile after the cartwheel...a mystery !

Annalisa's mom
Annalisa's mom

May 18th, 2008, 1:28 pm #15

To answer some questions...Annalisa does a tap sequence in "Smile" without tap shoes, unfortunatley you cant here the tapping, unless you had a really good seat. That's unfortunate, because she is an excellent tapper. She also doesn't wear pajamas the whole show, the sequence with "a dead rat do you want to see it" she is in a dress and also at the end when they arrive at warbucks mansion. Pics/video are on the annie on tour website. IMO they keep her or molly in general in pajamas during the smile number for the "cute" factor. Maybe it doesn't translate well in video but it definitley does in person.

Meghan
Meghan

May 18th, 2008, 3:26 pm #16

Thanks Annalisa's mom, thanks for clearing that up for us. You are probably right about the cute factor thing. I know in the first two years of this tour, Lindsay wore a dress during smile, and so did anastasia korbal.Also, perhaps they chose to keep Annalisa in the pjs so she would still stand out and look younger than the other girls since she is on the taller end for molly. Either way though, she was a spectacular molly and a great performer!

Katherine
Katherine

May 18th, 2008, 4:13 pm #17

Meghan,
I believe that Lindsey actually wore the PJs during Smile, at least that's what is shown in the pictures.

old fan
old fan

May 18th, 2008, 8:55 pm #18

I also don't understand not singing July's solo in Never Fully Dressed. It just seems like the newer productions are getting increasingly "campy". And, I agree about Molly's costume. The long-johns just don't do it for me. And the bloomers on Annie underneath her orphan costume look so ballooned out.

It's just an opinion, though, so please don't blast me for it.
Seems it changes back & forth over the years whether or not she sings or speaks. I prefer singing. I agree the number can get campy, but I remember thinking the same about some of the original tour renditions of Smile. Some are on the Video section here...

Lindsay Ryan
Lindsay Ryan

May 19th, 2008, 1:51 am #19

Meghan,
I believe that Lindsey actually wore the PJs during Smile, at least that's what is shown in the pictures.
Hi guys!
I was on tour at the beginning in the summer of 2005 until the end of January 2006. Here is what I wore in the different scenes -
opening scene, hard knock life-union suit with ballet slippers
little girls-dress with pinafore
nyc-newsboy outfit
smile-union suit with boots
new deal for christmas-dress with pinafore, coat, hat, and pink rainbow dress underneath, boots
bows-rainbow dress and mary janes
I hope that helps!
Have a great day!
Lindsay

jessie
jessie

May 19th, 2008, 3:58 am #20

awww thanks lindsay! thanks for clearing that up!

= ]