"Mike Douglas" Clip

"Mike Douglas" Clip

MiddleAgedFan!
MiddleAgedFan!

July 11th, 2008, 3:47 am #1

I just watched one of Julie's clips, from The Mike Douglas Show (lord how I LOVED that show!) with the OBC signing "Tomorrow". Besides Mr. Douglas saying something absolutely hilarious about being a boy soprano chiming in on the second "chore-us", the girls are just friggin amazing. In party dresses, their voices so clear and boistrous. Danielle is such a little doll you want to gobble her up, and a delightful little Andrea is such a sweetie, patting Mr Douglas sympathetically when he kind of screws up, Shelley is beyond adorable. What a bunch of cuties. What a great clip, watch it if you haven't! What a great site this is!

K-theO ;-)
K-theO ;-)

July 11th, 2008, 12:33 pm #2

I also thought it was cute how Andrea reached over to Mike. I sooo loved Mike Douglas and his show. Rosie O'Donnell tried to format her show after his; tired of watching ppl on talk shows only get 120 second interviews. She wanted a diverse group of topics, people and lots of singing and dancing. She even had Mike on. They drove around a golf course for the interview. It was very charming.

Anyway, I like that clip as well. I have an audio of Andrea singing on Mike's show, along with her interview. She was a teenager and out of Annie. She sang something from Ice Castles and Mike was nearly in tears. I found her more charming, during the interview, in her after-Annie years. If Julie can convert from audiotape I'll send it to her and maybe she'll put it up on the site.

middleAgedFan!
middleAgedFan!

July 12th, 2008, 8:17 am #3

Oh I would have loved to have seen that, I was SO obsessed with Ice Castles. I remember the show where she was on with Kristy Mcnichol and Ally Sheedy so well, I must have it on tape somewhere. The girls were all asked to perfom something. Kristy, not being a singer, recited a poem about growing up and Andrea sang "Candy hearts and paper floweres rom raggedy ann . It was such a sweet choice. Andrea and kristy both admitted to having crushes on Scott Baio. I also remember. I think Mike Douglas show, with Patty signing "Come out Come out", which she says in her podcast was her audtion song!