Mckenzie Phillips arrested

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

August 28th, 2008, 12:20 am #1

From Reuters

Mackenzie Phillips arrested at LA airport

Wed Aug 27, 4:02 PM ET

Former teen star Mackenzie Phillips has been arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance after she allegedly was found carrying drugs at Los Angeles International Airport.

Airport police Sgt. Jim Holcomb said the co-star of the old sitcom "One Day At a Time" was arrested Wednesday.

The 48-year-old Phillips was heading to New York when she failed to pass a security screening and a secondary search turned up a small amount of cocaine and heroin in her possession, he said.

Phillips is the daughter of John Phillips, the late leader of the singing group the Mamas and the Papas. She has struggled with drug addiction in the past and was fired from "One Day At a Time," which ran from 1975 to 1984, for drug-related causes.

She went on to star in the Disney Channel series "So Weird" and has made intermittent TV appearances in recent years.

No mention of her role of Lily but I guess most people wouldn't know her from Annie30th

Becky
Becky

August 28th, 2008, 1:11 am #2

that sad they did not say any thing about her being Annie.. that sad that she still had a drug problem .. I hope she can get her help in that ,, smile fan smile thanks for letting know about that thanks thanks

old fan
old fan

August 28th, 2008, 1:23 am #3

Mackenzie was drug-free for SO long ! It reminds me of Tatum O'Neal's recent arrest in a similar situation. How can we convince young people to stay drug-free: obviously kicking the habit is very difficult, but kids don't seem to learn from the sad stories of others, such as these two actresses.

Colleen
Colleen

August 28th, 2008, 1:35 am #4

From Reuters

Former teen star Mackenzie Phillips has been arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance after she allegedly was found carrying drugs at Los Angeles International Airport.

Airport police Sgt. Jim Holcomb said the co-star of the old sitcom "One Day At a Time" was arrested Wednesday.

The 48-year-old Phillips was heading to New York when she failed to pass a security screening and a secondary search turned up a small amount of cocaine and heroin in her possession, he said.

Phillips is the daughter of John Phillips, the late leader of the singing group the Mamas and the Papas. She has struggled with drug addiction in the past and was fired from "One Day At a Time," which ran from 1975 to 1984, for drug-related causes.

She went on to star in the Disney Channel series "So Weird" and has made intermittent TV appearances in recent years.

No mention of her role of Lily but I guess most people wouldn't know her from Annie30th

I'm wondering why "K the O" felt obgligated to post this on here.

Obviously the woman has a problem. So do a lot of people.

Why did you post this?

No one is perfect.

Not even YOU "K the O".

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 28th, 2008, 2:13 am #5

I think K the O posted it because of the "Annie" connection and also because it is recent news. I'm sure we can all learn a lesson about how powerful drugs are and how difficult is it for addicts to stay clean. I still can't shake how sad I felt watching the season finale of "The Two Corey's" recently when it was clear that Corey Haim, another child star, traded his heroin addiction for prescription pills and couldn't see that he was sliding downhill all over again. This is a crazy business and Mackenzie and Corey both grew up in it.

Julie

AnnieFan65
AnnieFan65

August 28th, 2008, 2:49 am #6

Why did you post this?

No one is perfect.

Not even YOU "K the O".
Excellent post!

Dina
Dina

August 28th, 2008, 3:24 pm #7

From Reuters

As a therapist specializing in addictions for the past 15 years, I have seen clients of mine who have been clean and sober for over 10 years who have relapsed. It's all part of addiction and recovery. Hopefully she will get the support she needs and get back on track.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

August 29th, 2008, 12:01 am #8

Why did you post this?

No one is perfect.

Not even YOU "K the O".
We post about cast members, be it a death or death in the family or illness. Why not show some compassion for MeKenzie? I'm sure she could use warm thoughts as she must be going through a difficult time.

As for the personal attack against me, Colleen, why? How does it serve you?

Peurile.

K-the-O ;-)
K-the-O ;-)

August 29th, 2008, 12:03 am #9

As a therapist specializing in addictions for the past 15 years, I have seen clients of mine who have been clean and sober for over 10 years who have relapsed. It's all part of addiction and recovery. Hopefully she will get the support she needs and get back on track.
I would have thought that Annie fans would be supportive or at the very least, understanding.

Addiction, of any kind, is cunning. It can sneak up on you at any time and this business doesn't help those who struggle.

I hope Mekenzie can get the help she needs.

Colleen
Colleen

August 29th, 2008, 12:47 am #10

We post about cast members, be it a death or death in the family or illness. Why not show some compassion for MeKenzie? I'm sure she could use warm thoughts as she must be going through a difficult time.

As for the personal attack against me, Colleen, why? How does it serve you?

Peurile.

Your report was NOT:

"Poor McKenzie, she is using again...I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers".

Your report was a copy and paste of Reuters.....so it could have just as well have been Perez Hilton or X-17....or TMZ....the TABLOIDS! It was WOO-HOO....GOSSIP!!!!!!!!

As far as comparing it to a death notice, or other "newsworthy" news...I am not buying that.

You can't backtrack on that cheap sensationalism....and that was cheap... for this board anyway.