Mary Poppins Auditions

Js Mom
Js Mom

August 17th, 2008, 7:39 pm #1

Did anyone else attend the MP auditions, today in DC? My daughter went, but no callbacks for her, this time! On to Annie in September!

Julie Stevens
Julie Stevens

August 18th, 2008, 7:39 am #2

How tall is your daughter and what did she sing for her audition? Feel free to email me privately, if you would rather not talk about it here. I have a bit of a connection to the Mary Poppins casting office and would be happy to offer some advice/coaching to anyone who is planning on auditioning for the show.

Julie

Js Mom
Js Mom

August 18th, 2008, 11:07 am #3

Thank you for offering your advice. I'll email you, too, but thought I'd state the basics here, so prehaps someone else can benefit! My daughter is 4'9" and sang, "Matchmaker". The kids went into the audition room one at a time. She said that there was a lady and man at the table and the man seemed to be writing stuff (about her?) as she sang. She was number 94 out of 130ish. (Maybe more) During our wait, we noticed very few kids were asked to stay for a callback. Also, they did seem to be shorter than my daughter!

As always Julie, thanks for always offering your knowledge and support!

brebren
brebren

August 21st, 2008, 3:20 pm #4

I have a question about Matchmaker. Is this song from Fiddler on the Roof? I know in the show 3 girls sing it. Any suggestions on music and words for one girl to sing it? Thank-You.

Jessie
Jessie

August 21st, 2008, 10:51 pm #5

its very easy for one person to sing. ive used it for an audition before, also. each girl in the show sings a different part, and they only sing togethere a couple times, so you wouldnt need to change any of the lyrics or anything to make it for one person. the lyrics are never plural, if that makes sense. = ]