Dina
Dina

July 13th, 2008, 11:00 am #11

Did you ever see the versions with Aileen Quinn (1982) and with Alicia Morton (the Disney version) in the late 90s? Personally I did not care for either very much, but if you've never seen "Annie" on the big screen, you can always rent or buy those and check them out.

Dina

Morgan
Morgan

July 13th, 2008, 12:21 pm #12

Yes, I'm sorry. I meant to say "rerelease." IMO, neither of those movies were of the same "blockbuster" quality of today's releases. We need a more quality and "true to the original" adaptation.

Dina
Dina

July 13th, 2008, 1:47 pm #13

I had a feeling you might have meant that....I assume all of us crazy 'Annie' fans know all about and have seen the two movies!

Dina

french_girl
french_girl

July 13th, 2008, 4:11 pm #14

Does anyone think they'll ever release "Annie" out on the big screen. If they're casting big names, how about Dakota Fanning as the lead. She's probably a little too old now, but I think she does have a younger sister who has the same sparkle in her eyes. Just a thought - since movie musicals seems to be the trend.
And, how about Meryl Streep as Miss Hannigan? - LOL
i would love to see a new Annie movie. a mix between the first, which didn't have the best song in it (how can you do Annie without Tomorrow ? come on!) and the second, which was closer (i think) to the stage version, but with less money than the first, and less "dramatic" (the end was, comparing to the first, and you could feel it was a walt disney).

if i was a movie director i would definitly want to rerelease it.

dunno about the cast though. new people!

Elin
Elin

July 15th, 2008, 8:15 pm #15

I'm seeing the B'way show in 2 weeks for my 4th time. It's a play you either love or hate. Personally, I love it - when it's cast right!
I am not overly anxious to see the movie. As good of an actress as Meryl Streep is, I don't want to listen to her sing.
Pierce Brosnan's, on the other hand ...

Loved the movie!

Elin
Elin

July 15th, 2008, 8:16 pm #16

July 17th, 2008, 5:33 pm #17

I've never seen the musical on stage, so I have nothing to compare it with. I LOVE ABBAs songs, and I really got a kick out of the big numbers. I think Meryl Streep was ok! I was a bit sceptical after seeing the trailer, but she impressed me actually. I think the girl playing Sophie was really good too, I didn't expect her to be so natural and such a good singer. The guys were weird in my eyes too, and especially Pierce Brosnan. MISCAST! But the whole cinema was laughing though! =) A fun feel-good movie that I will buy as soon as it comes on DVD!!

GO ABBA AND SCANDINAVIA!!

- Katarina -
I've never seen the stage version though. The one thing I didn't like was Pierce Brosnan, he's really not much of a singer...